[Feature Request] Disable refresh when using sliders in Advanced Filtering
Well right now we just tell CGUIWindowVideoNav that the advanced filter has changed which results in a different path (the URL options change) and we trigger an update of the list.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Yeah, that'd be tricky to do off-thread - the actual query bit (directory fetch) is doable, but everything else isn't (you'd need all the sorting stuff on top).

I suspect that the key repeat stuff may well (for some input devices - not sure about keyboard) be dependent on how fast the app thread spins (i.e. it uses time from last press to decide if stuff is held down I think?)

Either way, the main problem is that you only get into OnSettingChanged() 3-4 seconds after you last processed it if an event was fired, so the timer would have fired again in that time, causing another 3-4 second delay to the next OnSettingChanged() call. Another solution would be finding a way to ensure that you don't fire the trigger while app thread is running slowly (e.g. it must be after K frames and 1500ms?), but that could be messy.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I initially tried to patch it with the skin, by using "onfocus" in the slider code to "SetProperty" the spin control for "In Progress" to Yes. That way when you touch either the year or rating it cuts the list down close to zero.
Until I noticed "onfocus" doesn't work in spin controls. I had just assumed that it was a technical problem related to the size and type of database, and was trying to work around it.
What you guys are taking about is way over my paygrade. Smile
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Feature Request] Disable refresh when using sliders in Advanced Filtering0