Video Quality
One of my main uses for XBMC is home movies and I have a question regarding video quality. After editing my AVCHD videos in Final Cut Pro, I first burn a copy to Bluray and then, using Final Cut's "share" command, transfer the master files to a hard drive for viewing via XBMC. However when I compare the Bluray picture quality to the XBMC picture quality there is a marked difference. The bluray is a sharp, colorful, smooth "video" look, and the XBMC is a more dull, less smooth "filmy" look. I realize it's hard to diagnose this type of issue without more specifics, but does anyone have a clue why this difference exists? I would love to have that Bluray look on my XBMC version as well. Thanks!
Are you comparing the same file that was exported for both cases? I'm guessing so, but just to be on the same page.
(2014-03-14, 19:59)Ned Scott Wrote: Are you comparing the same file that was exported for both cases? I'm guessing so, but just to be on the same page.

Do you mean is it the same footage? if so, yes. But it's obviously not the same file since one is being played back from a Bluray disc and the other is being played back from a hard drive (Via XBMC).
Have you tried viewing the file with some app other than xbmc just to be sure it's not corrupted in some way? Maybe VLC.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
You should be able to play the bluray directly in XBMC as well, for further comparison. (I can't remember if XBMC can read directly from the BR drive or if it needs to be in an iso image, but one of those)

Basically we want to eliminate the variables and see if it's an issue of XBMC's playback or if it's an issue with the export settings.
(2014-03-15, 02:15)msedaka Wrote:
(2014-03-14, 19:59)Ned Scott Wrote: Are you comparing the same file that was exported for both cases? I'm guessing so, but just to be on the same page.

Do you mean is it the same footage? if so, yes. But it's obviously not the same file since one is being played back from a Bluray disc and the other is being played back from a hard drive (Via XBMC).

But has it been transfixed to a lower quality? What exactly does this 'Sharpe's command do?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Quality0