Bug XBMC Remote with OpenELEC Pi Gotham
I believe I found two problems with XBMC Remote app running against OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Milhouse-20140313233333-r17917-g5bef63b; don't know which section they belong to, so I'll post them here.
  • When profile login screen is enabled, once it is displayed remote control keys from XBMC Remote app stops working, meaning, there is no way of selecting a profile and logging in. Such behaviour could've been by design, nevertheless it is confusing and in such case there is no way to use XBMC at all, unless there are alternative methods for remote control.

• When prompted to enter text, keyboard does not automatically pop-up on an iOS device (as already reported elsewhere); if keyboard is called with keyboard button text can be typed on iOS device and it will not appear on XBMC, until Enter key is pressed (on iOS device). Notice, however, that Enter key itself is submitted as a part of text itself. I've observed this when I've created a profile and typed profile name with iOS keyboard, after confirming typed text with Enter the name of file-system directory ends on a question mark (as displayed in shell). Another way of reproduce this is to change profile's PIN, entering, say, four zeroes and pressing Enter: PIN will be displayed as five stars, not four.

Setup: Official XBMC Remote for iOS v1.4.1 against OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Milhouse-20140313233333-r17917-g5bef63b.

Hope my explanation is clear enough. Keep up the good work!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Remote with OpenELEC Pi Gotham0