• 7(current)
HOW-TO: Automated XBMC minimal installer v0.93 for Ubuntu 12.04 > 14.04 - [4/19/2014]
(2014-04-21, 15:01)ziggurat Wrote: re-ran the script, now boot hangs on
stopping system v runlevel compatibility [OK]

Sad

Looks to me like the problem is that starting XBMC standalone service [fail] is occurring

as said many times ATI doesnt work...it will eventually when i have time to test it out myself
(2014-04-22, 09:18)Hack_kid Wrote:
(2014-04-21, 15:01)ziggurat Wrote: re-ran the script, now boot hangs on
stopping system v runlevel compatibility [OK]

Sad

Looks to me like the problem is that starting XBMC standalone service [fail] is occurring

as said many times ATI doesnt work...it will eventually when i have time to test it out myself

I'm on Nvidia, I tried to pruge the drivers and XBMC and reinstall, it has the same problem. When I hit ctrl+alt+F1, and login, and run startx, i get the nvidia splash screen and a new command prompt but I am unable to use the keyboard anymore (tried to disconnect and reconnect the keyboard).
(2014-04-20, 18:26)caponater Wrote: However I had some issues with the sound (no sound) and resolution, but that could be due to my setup. My tv and avr are old (tv does not have hdmi so I am running hdmi to dvi, and using analog sound.) I need to test things out on a newer setup before I start playing around with some edid and xorg settings.

I have a oldish samsung TV. One hdmi port can take audio from rca jacks, but there is no way to force the tv to use the rca audio.. If the hdmi signal says it contains audio, then the rca inputs are ignored.
I found that Nvidia drivers 319 and 331 both include audio in the hdmi signal regardless of whether your hardware can actually do it. This stopped me getting any audio at all through my TV.
I had to go back to the 304 drivers, which work fine for my purposes anyway.

Edit: just read that your tv has no hdmi.. so ignore me..
Where does the install log for this script located at? I bought a new nvidia graphic card, when I tried the script again, it just hung at the installing nvidia video driver step.
home directory

(2014-04-22, 23:05)quan3t Wrote: Where does the install log for this script located at? I bought a new nvidia graphic card, when I tried the script again, it just hung at the installing nvidia video driver step.

redownload the script i reverted the change to nvidia driver install. it should ask which driver you want again.... i still strongly recomend 304 drivers.
can someone please direct me to a mod who can change my username. i made this name when i was 13 (12yrs ago) its albinoman887 now and has been forever. i'm a recognized contributer on xda
I don't know for sure, but I think apparmor has some problems for me.
http://imgur.com/UdnT2Fn
I have the same problem Running Ubunutu 14.04 with AMD.

The installation script ran complete without any error; however XBMC does not launch, just have the login CLI prompt

(2014-04-17, 02:55)quan3t Wrote:
(2014-04-17, 00:20)EKRBoi Wrote:
(2014-04-16, 01:30)quan3t Wrote: Using ubuntu 13.04, and using the onboard graphic card so am assuming Intel.

You need to be sure... not something that can be assumed.

I figured out I have ATI graphic.. running Ubuntu 13.04.. The installation script ran complete without any error; however XBMC does not launch, just have the login CLI prompt.
Just reporting my experience. So I reran the script with the new Nvidia card install and able to get XBMC working . The weird thing I found is that now my on-board ATI card is working too. I returned the Nvidia card to bestbuy and is using my integrated ATI card now. I am not sure if installing the Nvidia driver triggered something, but before I install the Nvidia card I tried the script so many times and nothing works. Maybe OP can figure out something.
(2014-04-23, 21:09)Hack_kid Wrote: can someone please direct me to a mod who can change my username. i made this name when i was 13 (12yrs ago) its albinoman887 now and has been forever. i'm a recognized contributer on xda

lol, you can't rewrite history. :p
I will forever be robo989, though I'm now 29 and no longer called "Robo" in real life.
Hack kid...a bit more unfortunate for a self respecting grown up though Wink
:-)
I would also take care of albinoman. Choose Jack vor John.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@Hack_kid

TVHeadend now maintains their own apt repository. Best to use that instead of jabbors.

Refer to this: https://tvheadend.org/projects/tvheadend...Repository
I used to use the script of Bram77 but switched to this one as it is still maintained, thanks for that Smile
I installed yesterday the XBMCbuntu build and noticed Spdif output didn't do DD5.1 or DTS on my setup ( onboard soundcard ). I wanted to watch a movie so i took the fast route..... bad one there.
Going to install this one today Smile

Would it be possible to incorporated the script into a mini install .iso ? or even better end the install of the OS with a wget->script / run script to have always the latest version?
This script indeed makes a smoother running version of XBMC ( why can't the XBMC-team make XBMCbuntu run this smooth ? ) and OpenELEC is not a choice.. it is not so open as the name claims and it is slower.
Folks, is this script ready to use the stable ppa from TeamXBMC to install Gotham (final release)? Do you recommend using it on a Zotac IONITX-L-E (1st Nvidia ION gen). I was running Frodo (12.3) on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (x86) minimal server install and I ran the upgrades using regular way (apt-get update, upgrade, dist-upgrade, etc).

I reboot and it's all fine, working, but I only can play videos with mp3 audio. All my mkvs with other HD audio are failing and making XBMC crash and reboot itself. Not sure what it is, and then I'm planning to roll out all the upgrades (as to Ubuntu 14.04 as well).

Thanks for the great work!
Yes, I'd like to know if this is ready as well for Gotham. I've used it for Frodo on a number of Acer Aspire Revo AR1600's and they've worked great. I'd like to upgrade them this weekend or sometime soon.

Thanks for your hard work!
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO: Automated XBMC minimal installer v0.93 for Ubuntu 12.04 > 14.04 - [4/19/2014]3