Use XBMC as default Media Player
Hello there Smile
I'd like to use XBMC as a Music Player (not streaming). The problem is, iOS 7 stops the music after pressing the Home Button.

Is there a way to make this work?

I'm using an iPhone 5 on 7.0.6.

Flex and Background Manager from Cydia didn't work.

Thanks Smile
I thought this was fixed in Gotham. I vaguely remember backgrounding working on ios before I jumped ship.
(2014-03-15, 20:12)Jmhthefirst Wrote: I thought this was fixed in Gotham. I vaguely remember backgrounding working on ios before I jumped ship.

Gonna try that. Will reply in some minutes.
Gotham seems to semiwork.
The music is still playing, but it's silent.

E: Reactivating XBMC Background with FLEX and using the Gotham Nightly fixed it Smile

Only one problem remains. You can't pause it over the CC.
(2014-03-15, 19:39)iCapa Wrote: Hello there Smile
I'd like to use XBMC as a Music Player (not streaming). The problem is, iOS 7 stops the music after pressing the Home Button.

Thanks Smile

It should only be paused. You should be abel to resume playback using the iOS controls when you swipe up, without needing additional software.
(2014-03-16, 02:41)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-03-15, 19:39)iCapa Wrote: Hello there Smile

Thanks Smile

It should only be paused. You should be abel to resume playback using the iOS controls when you swipe up, without needing additional software.

That didn't work. But I managed it to work anyways Smile

Btw. is a Spotify Addon possible?
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4350 <- background playback will be fixed for gotham once this pr gets merged.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Use XBMC as default Media Player0