Smart Playlists and Sub Menus
(2014-06-28, 17:38)Samu-rai Wrote: I've had a look on XBMC, and unless it has changed on Gotham (as I'm still running Frodo atm Blush) the wiki is incorrect, as there is no 'Time' field, but there is a duration.

I just did a rule which was 'Duration' 'Is less than' '90:00' and it seems to be working.

It gets it's duration from the info it has scraped though, rather than the file it's self, so it's likely the actual run time will differ from that shown in XBMC.

Hope that helps.

Am still running Frodo myself Smile

When you say "It gets it's duration from the info it has scraped though" are you saying it ignores the duration time in my .nfo files? 99% of my movies have .nfo files
Intel NUC DC3217IYE, 8GB Corsair RAM, Crucial 120GB mSATA, Windows 8.1 - XBMC Jarvis 16.1 - Aeon MQ 7, JVC HD-550 Projector, Beamax M Series 10015 Screen, Synology DS1812+, Qnap TS-410, Logitech Harmony Ultimate, Flirc+ USB dongle

If you're using nfo's then it should be scrapping whatever information is in them.

Have a look and see if they correspond.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

From what I've seen in Gotham is that if duration isn't obtained from scraping/nfo file it will be treated as 00:00 for purposes of smart playlist rules.

scott s.
(2014-06-29, 00:16)Samu-rai Wrote: If you're using nfo's then it should be scrapping whatever information is in them.

Have a look and see if they correspond.

hi,

thanks for the feedback.

I created the filter " 'Duration' 'Is less than' '90:00'" and was enthused as it seemed to be working.

Started going through the results and getting movies with 87 mins, 89 mins etc - so far so good.

Until, some movies started to show 98 mins, 110 mins etc.

Did you notice any that were above 90 mins?

I checked my nfos for the 98 and 100 mins.

first movie had <runtime>1hr 38min</runtime> & <durationinseconds>5907</durationinseconds>

second movie had <runtime>1hr 50min</runtime> & <durationinseconds>6601</durationinseconds>

It also seems that 'Duration' that is displayed in XBMC does not look at my 'Runtime' from .nfos but uses the <durationinseconds> value and converts to minutes.

Can't seem to get consistency here.

litfoo
Intel NUC DC3217IYE, 8GB Corsair RAM, Crucial 120GB mSATA, Windows 8.1 - XBMC Jarvis 16.1 - Aeon MQ 7, JVC HD-550 Projector, Beamax M Series 10015 Screen, Synology DS1812+, Qnap TS-410, Logitech Harmony Ultimate, Flirc+ USB dongle

Quick question re refreshing/updating of Smartlists

I have a smartlist that looks at a particular folder on my NAS.

I checked today and this Smartlist is only displaying 79 movies, when the actual folder contains 120 movies.

Should my smartlist menu automatically pick up new movies added to the folder and displaying them all?

I currently only see 79/120 and want to see all 120/120

Thanks in advance,

litfoo

It should yes. But the movies have to be scrapped to your library for them to be picked up by the playlist.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

(2014-08-10, 13:38)Samu-rai Wrote: It should yes. But the movies have to be scrapped to your library for them to be picked up by the playlist.

Thanks Samu-rai - played around a bit further and can see all the movies now.

(2014-06-29, 09:09)litfoo Wrote: It also seems that 'Duration' that is displayed in XBMC does not look at my 'Runtime' from .nfos but uses the <durationinseconds> value and converts to minutes.

Can't seem to get consistency here.

litfoo

Did you ever figure out a solution?

I am trying to split my movies into short, medium, and long smart playlists. I hate having some movies missing or miscategorized. I was considering making .nfos for my movies, but I see that would not help?

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart Playlists and Sub Menus0