MQ or Ace skin help/question/or something like that.
Posted this question a few weeks ago in the MQ thread. It got no replies, thought maybe it should of been posted here instead. New to the forum actually so please forgive me. My original MQ5 post asked if it was possible to change the main menu bar on the home screen from text to icons like the Nox skin?

Still trying to investigate if this is possible. Albeit, I'm fairly new to XML, so of course been looking to just replace it in exchange for the original default (not as an option). Only been able to remove the text but not alter. And the xml's from Nox to MQ seem to read totally different. Been searching the forum and going back and forth through the wiki as well. On a brighter note, I'm about midway through modding Nox skin around everything but the main menu icons option (lol). Life would be simpler if I could just mod icons into Ace or MQ, but since when is anything simple. By the way, its for my personal use.

Any insight is appreciated.
Can you upload the additional icon files?

Sorry, found it. I'll check to see if I can do anything.
Sorry it took so long, I thought I could think of a better way to choose the icons, but had to go manually. This works on Aeon MQ5 (Frodo), by removing the main menu labels and replacing them with Aeon Nox icons. You can add smaller labels on the bottom if you wish, just ask.

Download and extract this file to: "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq5\". It contains the edited Includes_MainMenu.xml, as well as 12 main menu icons from Aeon Nox. This works right out of the box, but here are some instructions on how to make some changes.

If you want to change the size or position of the icons, edit the corresponding values in lines 46-49 and 152-155, that is, the following code:
PHP Code:
    <posx>174</posx>
    <
posy>-2</posy>
    <
width>80</width>
    <
height>80</height
Whatever changes you make on one segment (e.g. in 46-49), you make them on the other one as well (e.g. in 152-155).

Also, if you wish to change the icons for the 12 main menu items, go to the folder "media/MenuIcons" and edit/replace the icons with the ones you like (just make sure the names remain the same). If you've added more (custom) items, copy their icons in the same folder, and name them exactly as the main menu title. For example, if you've created an item called "Cartoons", find the icon you like, name it "Cartoons.png", and copy it to the folder "media/MenuIcons".

Remember, these changes will be flushed if the skin gets updated, so better keep a copy of them.
Cool. Thanks a lot. Getting started now. I'll update you in a little. Appreciate it.

**Update** Thanks mate. Works great! Saved me a lot.

Interesting mod.
Should be a selectable option from skin Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MQ or Ace skin help/question/or something like that.0