Why are movie covers not stored as URL?
hello,

when the movie's info are stored in the database (myvideos31.db) the field strpictureurl is always empty!

in xbmc the cover is displayed anyway! there were 2 ways :
- perhaps xbmc store the cover when the movie's infos are stored.
or
- perhaps xbmc get the cover with the id of imdb.

my first question is why the strpictureurl is always empty?

i tried to update the strpictureurl but xbmc don't want to show the cover anyway!

my second question is why xbmc won't get the cover from the picture url?

regards.
- perhaps xbmc get the cover with the id of imdb.

bingo. we intend to change this in the future when we start working on extending / adding video library.
ok!

it is possible to get the cover from the field strpictureurl when the field imdbid is empty?
it can be useful to diplay :
- unofficial covers
- personal covers
- covers with another language
- covers with great quality

i think this is not a big change, but very useful for a lot of people!
as i said, expect all this to change (most likely to something along the lines you suggest).

however, we are in a feature freeze so any patch implementing changes will be held off until after 2.0 is shipped.
in the meantime, you can easily change the image - local thumbs (filename.tbn) take priority over imdb covers.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

ok, thanks for this precisions!

i made a dll (c# .net) to read/write the myvideos31.db and i use it in a tool to modify manually the movie's info!

i can make some modifications to write the thumb, but i want to know if the future version will modify the schema of the db?

thanks!

i can guarantee the db schema will change. don't let that put you off though - it's unlikely to happen for a month or two.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

do you think it can be useful if i publish my dll to read/write the myvdeos31.db for windows?
definitely - please publish the dll and the tool you use (include source code as well if you can - that way if you aren't around in the future others can extend it)

cheers,
jonathan

sorcer1 - good going on the c# dll! i was thinking about doing the exact same thing. have you also created some kind of gui tool to edit info? please publish this somewhere or let me know where i can get it, with source if possible.
thanks!
Cool
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
Quote:definitely - please publish the dll and the tool you use (include source code as well if you can - that way if you aren't around in the future others can extend it)

cheers,
jonathan

i plublished the dll in a new topic here

i'm making an international version of my tool (using the dll) and it will published too!

:d

(gglaze @ mar. 26 2006,16:32 Wrote:sorcer1 - good going on the c# dll! i was thinking about doing the exact same thing. have you also created some kind of gui tool to edit info? please publish this somewhere or let me know where i can get it, with source if possible.
thanks!
Cool
thank you !
i also created a gui!
you can find it here in an french version, but i'm working on a english version! please be patient! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why are movie covers not stored as URL?0