Reverting Artwork Downloader... downloads
I was fiddling around and then left my HTPC, when I came back Artwork Downloader can grabbed about 20 images per media item and saved them to the directory the item is in. That's 1000s of images which I don't really want.

So I would like to either revert that and use the XBMC cache and let it grab the images directly from scraping or.. well I'm not really sure. I don't like locally storing artwork.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Your best bet I think is writing a script to run through your folders and delete the images.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2014-03-29, 03:35)jmarshall Wrote: Your best bet I think is writing a script to run through your folders and delete the images.

Since drives are dedicated to particular types of media (D, E, G, H, Y are all TV and F, X and W are movies) I could just use del drive:\*.jpg but I'm worried that XBMC might have a tantrum resulting in artwork issues - this might be a stupid question but is there a way to force XBMC to rescan the entire library from all sources and update artwork accordingly?

If you're on Windows just use File Explorer: search for *.jpg/*.png, sort by date, then delete those files added within the last few days.

On Linux, run "find" with appropriate -ctime and -delete parameters.

As for your media library, it will now be associated with the artwork files you have just deleted, and each XBMC client will keep trying (and failing) to download these files into their texture cache. You're pretty buggered here, with only two options: 1) trash your media library and re-scrape, or 2) use the scripts in my sig to fix your media library - specifically, dump the details of your movie library into mklocal.py and have mklocal.py create the changes necessary to remove the now non-existent artwork from your media library.

Something like:
Code:
./texturecache.py jd movies | ./tools/mklocal.py --local /freenas/media --prefix nfs://192.168.0.3/mnt/share/media --artwork fanart poster clearlogo clearart --readonly --nokeep --output changes.dat

will process the specified artwork while mapping nfs://192.168.0.3/mnt/share/media to /freenas/media (and vice versa). Any artwork for a movie that cannot be found locally (or remotely) will be output to changes.dat with the value of "null" - when eventually set on the movie, this artwork reference will then be removed. This process will work for Windows, just specify an appropriate Windows path as your --local parameter with the corresponding root of your movie source as --prefix.

Once you have created changes.dat, pipe the details into "texturecache.py set" to actually begin the process of removing the now non-existent artwork from your media library (this requires a recent Gotham Alpha build or later):
Code:
cat changes.dat | ./texturecache.py set
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-04-16, 04:32)MilhouseVH Wrote: If you're on Windows just use File Explorer: search for *.jpg/*.png, sort by date, then delete those files added within the last few days.

On Linux, run "find" with appropriate -ctime and -delete parameters.

As for your media library, it will now be associated with the artwork files you have just deleted, and each XBMC client will keep trying (and failing) to download these files into their texture cache. You're pretty buggered here, with only two options: 1) trash your media library and re-scrape, or 2) use the scripts in my sig to fix your media library - specifically, dump the details of your movie library into mklocal.py and have mklocal.py create the changes necessary to remove the now non-existent artwork from your media library.

Something like:
Code:
./texturecache.py jd movies | ./tools/mklocal.py --local /freenas/media --prefix nfs://192.168.0.3/mnt/share/media --artwork fanart poster clearlogo clearart --readonly --nokeep --output changes.dat

will process the specified artwork while mapping nfs://192.168.0.3/mnt/share/media to /freenas/media (and vice versa). Any artwork for a movie that cannot be found locally (or remotely) will be output to changes.dat with the value of "null" - when eventually set on the movie, this artwork reference will then be removed. This process will work for Windows, just specify an appropriate Windows path as your --local parameter with the corresponding root of your movie source as --prefix.

Once you have created changes.dat, pipe the details into "texturecache.py set" to actually begin the process of removing the now non-existent artwork from your media library (this requires a recent Gotham Alpha build or later):
Code:
cat changes.dat | ./texturecache.py set

What a damn useful tool, and post. Thank you! +rep and a smile Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Reverting Artwork Downloader... downloads0