[WIP] Loose Files, identify non-library files
(2014-03-19, 00:40)MilhouseVH Wrote: You can walk the directories (smb, nfs, whatever) using JSON "Files.GetDirectory", have a look at the"missing" option of the script in my sig which does this.

You can also walk smb directories using xbmcvfs.listdir
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I will be trying to add this to the official repo soon, so if anyone has had any issues with the latest version, I would appreciate hearing about it.
Not working for me. It keeps crashing after a couple of seconds and never stays long enough to provide any info. Using Gotham 13.1 Beta 1
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=203016
Can you rename the addon folder and addon data folder from script.loosefiles-master to script.loosefiles?

e.g. C:\\Users\\RavRob\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\addon_data\\script.loosefiles
I have added a fix to the master branch to accommodate branch installs from a github zip, that will solve this issue.
Crashed last time I used it on openelec too, do you want me to go and generate a debug log?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
That would be helpful, yes.

Also a description of how you have your data stored (network shares, etc) would be useful.
Sorry I couldn't reproduce the error. But I am using openelec 4.01 which I think is Xbmc 13.1. Smb shares
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Slightly different deal here - once I renamed a Pokémon directory to get rid of the accent, Loose Files ran to completion. I'm seeing a lot of files in the list that are actually in the library. I haven't been through the fill list - around 1100 files - but from what I saw earlier, I'm wondering if this is related to the directory structure not being exactly what the script is expecting to find?

I've got <rootdir>/Atlantis/<episode.mp4>, for example, when TVDB lists it as Atlantis (2013).

XBMC imported it properly because the filenames match TVDB, but this is my best guess based on the data I've been through so far.

This looks like an outstanding tool to finish my library cleanup - I've got a combination of Sickbeard managed downloads and some manual fills that don't always follow naming conventions, so I'm hoping Loose Files will help me find and fix the bad filenames. When I was manually managing playlists, they weren't a big deal, but now that I'm shooting for a more user (and family) friendly solution, I need to make sure I'm playing nice and giving the tools the data they need.

Data is on NFS shares on an Ubuntu server; XBMC is running on an Ubuntu desktop. Both 12.04 LTS.
Looks like the system was essentially appending the filename to itself - in this snippet, both base_path and f['file'] are the full NFS path of the file. I got by it with this quick hack, although other things in the addon don't work - trying to filter on size is still broken at that point.

I added the two log( lines, commented out the join to create full_file, and added the direct assignment to full_file:

Code:
if f['filetype'] == 'directory':
                                        if f['file'] not in dirs:
                                                dirs.append(f['file'])
                                else:
                                        log('Base_path: ' + base_path + '\n')
                                        log('file: ' + f['file'] + '\n')
                                        #full_file = os.path.join(base_path,f['file'])
                                        full_file=f['file']
                                        all_files.append(full_file)
Thanks, I will have a look.

The data must be stored differently in your set up. I have NFS shares as well, so I wonder what the difference is.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Loose Files, identify non-library files0