Why aren't Confluence's strings in XBMC's language file?
I'm trying to avoid using a custom skin language file so it's universally supported from the offset but there's a lot of common XBMC strings that aren't in its language files but appear in Confluence. So why aren't they when Confluence is the default skin?

Thanks.
Yeah, I have been rebuilding my language file recently and wondered the same thing. Sometimes even related strings are located separately either in the main language file or Confluence's.

In any case there are definitely a lot of strings that are so universal other skins could benefit from them.
And getting a few of the common skin strings added would also be beneficial.

ie Poster, Posters, Panel, Thumbs, Wall, etc.
If this has a chance of getting in maybe we could come up with a collection of common strings that can be beneficial for all skins?

I can go through my language file and post some. I'll be selective Wink
Maybe it's a better way to handle this with an addon? This would allow new strings anytime and not just with a new major version. XBMC could automatically provide the addon by default... access would work like this:

Code:
$ADDON[skin.strings 100]
msgctxt "#1"
msgid "Jeroen"
msgstr ""
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
sounds like a good idea to me in general. Personally don't care if in core .po or done via an addon
Using an add-on would be good I think. Being able to add in between releases is a plus indeed.

Here's a bunch I use I think would be useful as an example:

Code:
Home
Homescreen
Home menu
Live TV
Trailers
Now playing
Smart playlist
Banners
Thumbnails
Fullscreen
Items
Sorting
Select
Direction
Plugin
Get subtitles
Get lyrics
Finish time
Apply
Repositories
Searching
Unknown genre
Kiosk mode

PVR:
Available groups
Add group
Rename group
Delete group
Hidden channels

I still think though some of these (the PVR ones mainly) really should be in XBMC core's language file as every skin needs them.
Agree that a language addon would be the best way to go.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why aren't Confluence's strings in XBMC's language file?0