Mac OS X - Gotham beta 2 crashes on launch after fresh install

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ned Scott Offline
Team-Kodi Wiki Guy
I remember when these came out. Around the same time as the original iMac, IIRC. They made a few different versions, plain analog, USB, bluetooth. I bet if you open it up that you will find a spot to solder an analog 1/8th jack, between the amplification circuit and internal USB sound card.

You can make easy links to the XBMC wiki using double brackets around common XBMC words: [[debug log]] = debug log, [[Video library]] = Video library, [[SMB]] = SMB , [[userdata]] = userdata, etc
find quote
wgstarks Offline
Posting Freak
(2014-03-20 03:46)Ned Scott Wrote:  I remember when these came out. Around the same time as the original iMac, IIRC. They made a few different versions, plain analog, USB, bluetooth. I bet if you open it up that you will find a spot to solder an analog 1/8th jack, between the amplification circuit and internal USB sound card.

I might check that out. These were actually made before the analog version. I bought them along with my lime flavored iMac (mid 90ish).

[Image: all-thin-banner.jpg]
MacMini5,2 HTPC (Gotham 13.2/Aeon Nox Redux 5.1.5/MacOSX 10.8.5)/Onkyo TXNR609/Panny65VT30
(This post was last modified: 2014-03-20 04:02 by wgstarks.)
find quote
Ned Scott Offline
Team-Kodi Wiki Guy
Someone figured it out for the iSub. Not sure if it would be the same for the whole sound stick set, but this might be a starting point: http://www.engineershed.com/?p=91

I didn't search too long, but a ton of people seemed interested in converting them to accept analog input, so that's a good sign. Someone has likely figured it all out, if possible.

You can make easy links to the XBMC wiki using double brackets around common XBMC words: [[debug log]] = debug log, [[Video library]] = Video library, [[SMB]] = SMB , [[userdata]] = userdata, etc
find quote
jmarshall Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
@Memphiz: I wonder if we could ASSuME a sample rate (e.g. 48kHz) if none is given?

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

[Image: badge.gif]
find quote
Memphiz Offline
Team-Kodi Developer
sure we could - but based on which criteria?

AppleTV2/iPhone/iPod: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for XBMC: Wiki NFS
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Wiki Avahi
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ
find quote
jmarshall Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
If no sample rate is given, assume it handles 48kHz? Worst case the audio would be too fast or slow or something. Best case it'll just work?

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

[Image: badge.gif]
find quote
Memphiz Offline
Team-Kodi Developer
Thats like crystal balling if you ask me. I could think of using the requested samplerate instead. So the user could force a fixed sample rate and we would assume he knows what he is doing.

AppleTV2/iPhone/iPod: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
find quote
Memphiz Offline
Team-Kodi Developer
@wgstarks please try this testbuild:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...x86_64.dmg

Set your audio config to "fixed" and try to set it to 44100hz or 48000hz. Please report back with a debug log (in both cases - on success or on fail).

find quote
wgstarks Offline
Posting Freak
(2014-03-21 13:44)Memphiz Wrote:  @wgstarks please try this testbuild:

Set your audio config to "fixed" and try to set it to 44100hz or 48000hz. Please report back with a debug log (in both cases - on success or on fail).

Thanks Memphiz. Should I do anything special with the audio settings on my computer just to get this build to launch? Not sure exactly what to expect.

MacMini5,2 HTPC (Gotham 13.2/Aeon Nox Redux 5.1.5/MacOSX 10.8.5)/Onkyo TXNR609/Panny65VT30
find quote
Memphiz Offline
Team-Kodi Developer
Should launch fine (i hope).

find quote
wgstarks Offline
Posting Freak
Ok thanks. I'll give it a shot and post the logs.

find quote
wgstarks Offline
Posting Freak
(2014-03-21 13:44)Memphiz Wrote:  @wgstarks please try this testbuild:

Launched with no problem.
Set audio config to "fixed" "44.1".
No system sounds. No audio with video playback. Really bad video stutter.

Debug Log

Tested with 2 videos with different audio codecs. Same results for both. Since I also don't have any system sounds I'm guessing that I won't get any audio at all.

find quote
Memphiz Offline
Team-Kodi Developer
tried 48khz aswell?

find quote
wgstarks Offline
Posting Freak
(2014-03-23 18:39)Memphiz Wrote:  tried 48khz aswell?

It's a good thing one of us is paying attention.Blush

Here's the new log at 48. Worked great. Also changed output device from "default" to "soundsticks" but I don't think that would have any effect since the system was already set to soundsticks.

Thanks for the changes. Let me know if you want more testing.

find quote
Memphiz Offline
Team-Kodi Developer
Ha ... crazy shit ...

find quote