Mac OS X - Gotham beta 2 crashes on launch after fresh install

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
FireManDan Offline
I have downloaded the beta 2, it now crashes about 1 second after opening. Everytime. I have also downloaded nightly builds, reinstalled frodo. I am running a 2011 Macbook Pro w/ OS 10.9.2. I can no longer get any XBMC version to work. They all crash about 1 second after opening. Included is a copy/paste of the problem report.

http://pastebin.com/ZL8Zs7gd

edit by memphiz: moved shit to pastebin
(This post was last modified: 2014-03-24 19:59 by Memphiz.)
find quote
wgstarks Offline
Posting Freak
If you paste the crash report to pastebin and just post a link here it makes them much easier to read. You should also paste a link to your xbmc log.

[Image: all-thin-banner.jpg]
MacMini5,2 HTPC (Gotham 13.0/Aeon Nox 5.0/MacOSX 10.8.5)/Onkyo TXNR609/Panny65VT30
find quote
Memphiz Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
(2014-03-24 17:36)FireManDan Wrote:  I have downloaded the beta 2, it now crashes about 1 second after opening. Everytime. I have also downloaded nightly builds, reinstalled frodo. I am running a 2011 Macbook Pro w/ OS 10.9.2. I can no longer get any XBMC version to work. They all crash about 1 second after opening. Included is a copy/paste of the problem report.

http://pastebin.com/ZL8Zs7gd

edit by memphiz: moved shit to pastebin

remove your /Users/<yourusername>/Libraray/Application Support/XBMC/userdate/guisettings.xml and it should work again (it was crashing in the pvr manager - if you don't use pvr you should keep it turned off (pvr is the livetv feature).

Also never post those logs in the forum again but use pastebin.

AppleTV2/iPhone/iPod: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for XBMC: Wiki NFS
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Wiki Avahi
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ
find quote
FireManDan Offline
remove your /Users/<yourusername>/Libraray/Application Support/XBMC/userdate/guisettings.xml and it should work again (it was crashing in the pvr manager - if you don't use pvr you should keep it turned off (pvr is the livetv feature).

Also never post those logs in the forum again but use pastebin.
[/quote]

Hey, really sorry about that. It's my first time here.
Also sorry in advance as I am not great at computers. I can't find a library folder or an application support folder. Any idea where this would be hiding? I searched in finder.
find quote
wgstarks Offline
Posting Freak
(2014-03-24 21:35)FireManDan Wrote:  Hey, really sorry about that. It's my first time here.
Also sorry in advance as I am not great at computers. I can't find a library folder or an application support folder. Any idea where this would be hiding? I searched in finder.

Your user library is probably hidden. One way to access is- from Finder press Option key while pulling down the Go menu. Library should be one of the options available.

MacMini5,2 HTPC (Gotham 13.0/Aeon Nox 5.0/MacOSX 10.8.5)/Onkyo TXNR609/Panny65VT30
find quote
FireManDan Offline
(2014-03-24 22:15)wgstarks Wrote:  [quote='FireManDan' pid='1662303' dateline='1395689707']

Your user library is probably hidden. One way to access is- from Finder press Option key while pulling down the Go menu. Library should be one of the options available.

IT WORKED! Thank you guys so much!
find quote
Memphiz Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
@wgstarks could you do me a favour and test your soundsticks with this version and post a debug log? I wanna check something (might have figured out how to detect the supported sample rates for some special devices like sound sticks)

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...x86_64.dmg

AppleTV2/iPhone/iPod: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
find quote
wgstarks Offline
Posting Freak
(2014-05-20 08:39)Memphiz Wrote:  @wgstarks could you do me a favour and test your soundsticks with this version and post a debug log? I wanna check something (might have figured out how to detect the supported sample rates for some special devices like sound sticks)

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...x86_64.dmg

Ok. I'll try and do it tonight, but it might be a couple of days. I've got a new unRaid server I'm trying I get setup.

find quote
wgstarks Offline
Posting Freak
@ Memphiz-
Just a couple of quick tests but it looks good. First debug is at 48khz.
48khz Debug Log

Second debug is at 44.1 kHz.
44.1 kHz Debug Log

This isn't really what I would call extensive testing. Smile But it's all I had time for tonight. Looks to be working though to me. Let me know if there are any specific tests you want.

find quote
Memphiz Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
sry i should have make it clearer ... you should not even test ... i was just interested in the enumeration at the start of the log Wink - thx a bunch ... i now know why that thingy reported samplerate 0 - just need to know how to handle it even more properly Wink.

find quote