OS X Gotham beta 2 crashes on launch after fresh install
I remember when these came out. Around the same time as the original iMac, IIRC. They made a few different versions, plain analog, USB, bluetooth. I bet if you open it up that you will find a spot to solder an analog 1/8th jack, between the amplification circuit and internal USB sound card.
(2014-03-20, 03:46)Ned Scott Wrote: I remember when these came out. Around the same time as the original iMac, IIRC. They made a few different versions, plain analog, USB, bluetooth. I bet if you open it up that you will find a spot to solder an analog 1/8th jack, between the amplification circuit and internal USB sound card.

I might check that out. These were actually made before the analog version. I bought them along with my lime flavored iMac (mid 90ish).
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Someone figured it out for the iSub. Not sure if it would be the same for the whole sound stick set, but this might be a starting point: http://www.engineershed.com/?p=91

I didn't search too long, but a ton of people seemed interested in converting them to accept analog input, so that's a good sign. Someone has likely figured it all out, if possible.
@Memphiz: I wonder if we could ASSuME a sample rate (e.g. 48kHz) if none is given?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

sure we could - but based on which criteria?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
If no sample rate is given, assume it handles 48kHz? Worst case the audio would be too fast or slow or something. Best case it'll just work?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thats like crystal balling if you ask me. I could think of using the requested samplerate instead. So the user could force a fixed sample rate and we would assume he knows what he is doing.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
@wgstarks please try this testbuild:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...x86_64.dmg

Set your audio config to "fixed" and try to set it to 44100hz or 48000hz. Please report back with a debug log (wiki) (in both cases - on success or on fail).
(2014-03-21, 13:44)Memphiz Wrote: @wgstarks please try this testbuild:

Set your audio config to "fixed" and try to set it to 44100hz or 48000hz. Please report back with a debug log (wiki) (in both cases - on success or on fail).

Thanks Memphiz. Should I do anything special with the audio settings on my computer just to get this build to launch? Not sure exactly what to expect.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Should launch fine (i hope).
Ok thanks. I'll give it a shot and post the logs.
(2014-03-21, 13:44)Memphiz Wrote: @wgstarks please try this testbuild:

Launched with no problem.
Set audio config to "fixed" "44.1".
No system sounds. No audio with video playback. Really bad video stutter.

Debug Log

Tested with 2 videos with different audio codecs. Same results for both. Since I also don't have any system sounds I'm guessing that I won't get any audio at all.
tried 48khz aswell?
(2014-03-23, 18:39)Memphiz Wrote: tried 48khz aswell?

It's a good thing one of us is paying attention.Blush

Here's the new log at 48. Worked great. Also changed output device from "default" to "soundsticks" but I don't think that would have any effect since the system was already set to soundsticks.

Thanks for the changes. Let me know if you want more testing.
Ha ... crazy shit ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham beta 2 crashes on launch after fresh install0