Music database management (OSX)
OK, I just spent a few days tweaking my movie database using ViMediaManager and finally (after literally years of putting it off) got all my movies in their own directories with NFO files, extra fanart, cdart, etc etc...very nice!

Now I'd like to tackle my Music database. Hopefully something like I did with the movies. I'd be looking for something capable of generating NFO files so I only have to scan local files, extra artist-art, biographies...basically an all-in-one stop affair.

Any utilities to let me do it? I've done some searching but everything seems geared towards video. My music is meticulously stored in ARTIST/ALBUM format and have proper tags, both MP3 and FLAC.

cheers
(2014-03-18, 08:39)clipper99 Wrote: OK, I just spent a few days tweaking my movie database using ViMediaManager and finally (after literally years of putting it off) got all my movies in their own directories with NFO files, extra fanart, cdart, etc etc...very nice!

Now I'd like to tackle my Music database. Hopefully something like I did with the movies. I'd be looking for something capable of generating NFO files so I only have to scan local files, extra artist-art, biographies...basically an all-in-one stop affair.

Any utilities to let me do it? I've done some searching but everything seems geared towards video. My music is meticulously stored in ARTIST/ALBUM format and have proper tags, both MP3 and FLAC.

cheers
there isn't really any type of external media manager for music that im aware of.
however if you have a windows machine to install it on and your music is tagged correctly media browsers metadata editor with with the xbmc metadata saver addon will create nfo files, download artwork and let you edit most artist and album info a bit faster than doing it by hand.
(2014-03-18, 22:46)Vampirebat Wrote:
(2014-03-18, 08:39)clipper99 Wrote: OK, I just spent a few days tweaking my movie database using ViMediaManager and finally (after literally years of putting it off) got all my movies in their own directories with NFO files, extra fanart, cdart, etc etc...very nice!

cheers
there isn't really any type of external media manager for music that im aware of.
however if you have a windows machine to install it on and your music is tagged correctly media browsers metadata editor with with the xbmc metadata saver addon will create nfo files, download artwork and let you edit most artist and album info a bit faster than doing it by hand.

Thanks for that, firing up the virtual Windows 7 now!

Cheers

Edit - won't install in a Win7 virtual machine with VMWare 6, oh well.

Edit 2 - note to self, don't attempt to install the GIT version first. I didn't have the required C++ libraries that the installer from their web page does. Working now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music database management (OSX)0