Mark folders with tvshow or movie as watched in file view
If I can remember correctly this feature/function was available in xbmc (as mentioned in this posting at comment #23: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83052&page=2 ) in the past but somehow got lost ..

I always use file view because I cannot use library mode. For TV shows the scraping simply does not work well. So I end up with 10% of all TV show in my library.

Ofcourse I can mark the contents of a folder as watched manually, but this is not really a good solution. This should be done automatically.

My TV show directory consists of folders each containing 1 episode of a TV show. Same for movies. 1 movie per directory.

The situation in file mode is REALLY annoying having to enter the directory only to see if you have already watched the episode

Since this "folder watched"-feature is missing, it causes us excessive amount of browsing before being able to watch something.

My request :

For folders containing only 1 video file, the folder should be automatically marked as watched if the video file is marked as watched.

For folders containing multiple subfolders/videos it should be marked as watched if all videos in all subfolders are marked as watched, with exception of sample files (ie videos <1minute or so).

Could you please please please please re-add this automatic folder marking again? I really would be very grateful and alot of other people too I guess.

Regards
(2014-03-18, 13:05)rotarebil Wrote: I always use file view because I cannot use library mode. For TV shows the scraping simply does not work well. So I end up with 10% of all TV show in my library.

Wild guess: your shows don't follow any sort of naming scheme ?
If the information is scanned, then it works as described in files mode. If it's not scanned, it doesn't.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mark folders with tvshow or movie as watched in file view0