• 9(current)
Xbmcbuntu 13 Testing Thread
(2014-04-06, 15:43)wsnipex Wrote: the unstable ppa is already enabled on the beta builds

K thanks. So I assume this is built using the latest beta of 14.04 Ubuntu (or Lubuntu)?

When the final version of Gotham releases, will there be a new ISO built for XBMCBuntu based upon the final version of 14.04 Ubuntu? Or is there a way to update from 14.04 beta to 14.04 final?

And last question (sorry for all those questions in one post Wink): will we be able to upgrade to 14.10/15.04/etc... later (using apt-get dist-upgrade or something like that) on this new version of XBMCBuntu?

Thanks for everything, you guys are AWESOME btw, my HTPC is running better than ever Wink
yes to all questions Smile
there will be a new iso when Gotham is final and you can use all the normal ubuntu upgrade methods.
(2014-04-06, 18:18)wsnipex Wrote: yes to all questions Smile
there will be a new iso when Gotham is final and you can use all the normal ubuntu upgrade methods.

NICE =D! Can't wait for the final version Wink. Meanwhile, the beta XBMCBuntu is running beautifully here on my Intel NUC!
Has any one installed with Uefi yet? I can't get it to boot after install on a Zotac Zbox nano ad10 OCZ ssd 120 gig and 4gig ram.
Hi all,

I am building a new HPTC (replacing my 4 years hardware) using :
Motherboard : http://www.asrock.com/server/overview.as...l=C2550D4I
Graphic Card : GeForce GT 630 fanless (PCIe 8x)
CEC adapter
Denon Ceol Piccolo : sound go through HDMI out of Graphic card, then go OUT of the TV through optic fiber to the Piccolo's input

First of all, I can confirm that this configuration works pretty well with "mplayer -vo vdpau My_Holidays_movie.mkv" :
Stable picture, no sound crackling or stuttering for more than one hour test.

Important software versions I use :
- Debian Jessie
- Latest Linux 3.14.0 ('cause / is BTRFS type and I want latest improvements of it)
- Nvidia proprietary drivers NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-334.21 (with "kernel/nv-linux.h:#include <linux/acpi.h>" modified for 3.14.0 compatibility)
mplayer Debian's version : mplayer2 2.0-701-gd4c5b7f-2

Now, the XBMC part :
I'm using 13.0-BETA4 Git:20140405-ca6c289, built on my own with :
./configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-vdpau --disable-pulse --disable-airplay --disable-airtunes --enable-mysql --disable-optical-drive --enable-libbluray --enable-libcec

Xbmc is launched from a .xinitrc file containing only :
export XBMC_HOME=/usr/local/share/xbmc
/usr/local/bin/xbmc-standalone

Entering Xbmc, all is running fine, menu sounds too.
When playing a video first 2 or 5 seconds are good, then audio stuttering happens Sad
When playing old Xvid files silence last for less than one second, and I can expect to have 5 or 6 "incidents" in 40/45 minutes.
But, when playing a 1080p AC3 file (same as mplayer's test), stuttering happens so much time that it is impossible to listen to.
During the recording of the xbmc.log file, links residing a the end of this post, first seconds begin to stutter, then after 2 or 3 silences no more sound output ...

I worked on this issue all the week-end, but cannot find what happens.
I definitely validated my hardware and software setup because of the successful mplayer test.

I will be pleased to give a try to Dharma release (same issue ?) but I must get my hands on the VDPAU patch needed for latest Nvidia driver version that is hanging somewhere on my hard disk ...

Thanks for your help/attention, I will be please to received hints and test what ever proposed solutions but I will be away from home for the week Sad

Logs of a test can be found here :
http://stargate.enneade.fdn.org/xbmc/xbmc.log2send

Edit : Haaaaa damn me ... just realize it is not a Linux Beta thread but specific to Buntu ... can someone move my post please ?
Quote:Denon Ceol Piccolo : sound go through HDMI out of Graphic card, then go OUT of the TV through optic fiber to the Piccolo's input

That will most likely only work for non passthrough codecs, as the TV might not be smart enough to forward bitstream codecs to that "piccolo" thing.
Edit: And as I see that you have chosen "5.1" Layout in xbmc - that won't work either - as the TV will most likely also only accept 2 channels.

So two things for you to try:
a) Set xbmc speakers to 2.0 - disable passthrough -> that should work
b) Enable passthrough and only enable AC3 codec -> if that works, you have more luck than others have.

@Moderator: Also please move that reply with the post above :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Are you planning to release an 32Bit ISO too? I have tried the Beta2 ISO on my Lenovo S10 and after the BootMenu where i can choose LiveMode, Install,... nothing happens.
I think that might be cause of the 32 Bit CPU - http://ark.intel.com/de/products/36331/I...33-MHz-FSB
| myHTPC |
Will this version of XBMCbuntu work on a 32-Bit Pentium 4 like the previous stable version?
no, this ISO is 64bit. We're considering a 32bit version, if there is still enough demand.
(2014-04-08, 07:32)wsnipex Wrote: no, this ISO is 64bit. We're considering a 32bit version, if there is still enough demand.

Thanks for letting me know.

If that is the case, can you please let the Wiki administrators/contributors update the Wiki page as it references the Pentium 4 which is a 32-Bit CPU.

Please build a 32-Bit ISO? I would personally appreciate this very much.

I have XBMCbuntu on my family media centre (Pentium 4) and on my RaspberryPi and I would love both of them to have Gotham.

If a 64-Bit version doesn't get built, can I still run Gotham on a 32-Bit version of Linux/XBMCbuntu?

Please let me know.

Also I have just donated some money to the XBMC project as a thank you for a great piece of software.

(2014-04-07, 18:59)-DDD- Wrote: Are you planning to release an 32Bit ISO too? I have tried the Beta2 ISO on my Lenovo S10 and after the BootMenu where i can choose LiveMode, Install,... nothing happens.
I think that might be cause of the 32 Bit CPU - http://ark.intel.com/de/products/36331/I...33-MHz-FSB

Here, here bring on the 32-Bit!
even if we don't provide a 32bit iso, you can always install linux and add one of our PPAs yourself
Right, i have done this yesterday on my 32bit Atom CPU and used this Howto:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=165707
You have to replace the 64bit mini.iso with the 32bit one, and you have to replace "3.) Update your kernel to a version >= 3.13"
with the right 32Bit Files. As a result you have an XBMC14.
I am actually try to downgrade to Gotham with the right PPA and try to integrate xfce so it can be used like xbmcbuntu.
| myHTPC |
I agree that its too soon to ditch xbmcbuntu 32bit support out the window, cause many ppl still have 32bit cpus and decent gpus combos, though you can try to compile a 32bit xbmbcuntu yourself.
@uNiversal: Name some.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
-DDD- and J876 and when the Final is out (given some ppl are afraid of betas) you will see many more I bet, though Im not complaining or anything of the kind Wink none of my crap is 32bit only.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmcbuntu 13 Testing Thread3