• 25(current)
Xbmcbuntu 13 Testing Thread
(2014-03-23, 11:26)LAS0 Wrote: In relation to Synaptic:

I am also unable to start it from GUI - only sudo synaptic works. (In previous builds there wasn't such problem.) I have tried command synaptic-pkexec and got this:
Code:
==== AUTHENTICATING FOR com.ubuntu.pkexec.synaptic ===
Authentication is required to run the Synaptic Package Manager
Authenticating as: LiLa,,, (lila)
Password:

Maybe it has something to do with the user rights because I have had also problem to eject DVD within XBMC (no response). After exiting to XBMCbuntu I've got message:
Code:
Not authorized to perform operation
(BTW: the same message also for USB stick trying to eject.) Using command eject in command line returns:
Code:
eject: unable to find or open device for: `cdrom'
After restart directly to XBMCbuntu all is working fine. I can try to reproduce this and provide log file if you are interested.

Ddid this ever get solved? I am having the same issue however after the restart directly to XBMCbuntu it is still not working.
see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=130309&page=2 maybe it will help you.
(2014-06-27, 14:59)uNiversal Wrote: see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=130309&page=2 maybe it will help you.

My bad, the eject works now should have taken that out of the quote, but the synaptic package manger still will not open in the GUI only sudo synaptic works. It isn't the end of the world but is a bit annoying.
ok so solved the synaptic package manager not loading from gui… you will need to terminal run sudo synaptic then install policykit-1-gnome, reboot and viola she works!

*edited because stupid auto correct changed gui to guy
Large violin indeed!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Merci très détaillée, je vous remercie pour les informations fournies

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The download link for the i386 build is broken Sad
I don't think there is an i386 version
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
There was an RC1 Version before for XBMCbuntu 13
| myHTPC |
(2014-03-23, 05:05)nickr Wrote:
(2014-03-23, 01:48)LSU Jonno Wrote: I just installed XBMCbuntu from the first page but no PVR addons were installed. The only repo available is XBMC.org and they aren't included there either... How can I install the PVR repo?
Code:
nick@vboxxbmcbuntu:~$ apt-cache search xbmc-pvr
xbmc-pvr-mythtv-cmyth - XBMC PVR Addon MythTv - Cmyth - PVR API:1.9.0
xbmc-pvr-vuplus - XBMC PVR Addon Vuplus - PVR API:1.9.0
xbmc-pvr-vdr-vnsi - XBMC PVR Addon VDR Vnsi - PVR API:1.9.0
xbmc-pvr-njoy - XBMC PVR Addon Njoy - PVR API:1.9.0
xbmc-pvr-nextpvr - XBMC PVR Addon NextPvr - PVR API:1.9.0
xbmc-pvr-mediaportal-tvserver - XBMC PVR Addon Mediaportal Tvserver - PVR API:1.9.0
xbmc-pvr-tvheadend-hts - XBMC PVR Addon TvHeadend Hts - PVR API:1.9.0
xbmc-pvr-dvbviewer - XBMC PVR Addon Dvbviewer - PVR API:1.9.0
xbmc-pvr-argustv - XBMC PVR Addon Argustv - PVR API:1.9.0
xbmc-pvr-demo - XBMC PVR Demo Addon - PVR API:1.9.0
xbmc-pvr-iptvsimple - XBMC PVR Iptv Addon - PVR API:1.9.0
xbmc-pvr-dev - XBMC Media Center (PVR Add-on Dev package)
Install the desired plugin.

thanks for this, i installed xbmcbuntu but there was no disabled addons menu in add ons which is usually where i am able to enable iptv simple so your post could solve my issue,

I have ran the above command and have the same text come back as your post. how do I now intall the plugin?
sudo apt-get install xbmc-pvr-iptvsimple
(2014-08-14, 14:25)wsnipex Wrote: sudo apt-get install xbmc-pvr-iptvsimple

Thank you both so much, i know this was a newb question but I've only been using Ubuntu a few days

it is working now, headache one Smile
Will there be a final Gotham 32bit XBMCbuntu?
I can't find a way to turn on bluetooth on my NUC DN2820FYKH. Anything I need to install? Bluez?
(2014-08-03, 12:25)nssk Wrote: The download link for the i386 build is broken Sad

Here is an Mirror http://mirror.transip.net/xbmc/releases/XBMCbuntu/
| myHTPC |
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmcbuntu 13 Testing Thread3