Xbmcbuntu 13 Testing Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Gombeek Offline
Donor
(2014-03-23 11:26)LAS0 Wrote:  In relation to Synaptic:

I am also unable to start it from GUI - only sudo synaptic works. (In previous builds there wasn't such problem.) I have tried command synaptic-pkexec and got this:
Code:
==== AUTHENTICATING FOR com.ubuntu.pkexec.synaptic ===
Authentication is required to run the Synaptic Package Manager
Authenticating as: LiLa,,, (lila)
Password:

Maybe it has something to do with the user rights because I have had also problem to eject DVD within XBMC (no response). After exiting to XBMCbuntu I've got message:
Code:
Not authorized to perform operation
(BTW: the same message also for USB stick trying to eject.) Using command eject in command line returns:
Code:
eject: unable to find or open device for: `cdrom'
After restart directly to XBMCbuntu all is working fine. I can try to reproduce this and provide log file if you are interested.

Ddid this ever get solved? I am having the same issue however after the restart directly to XBMCbuntu it is still not working.
find quote
uNiversal Offline
Out of Memory
see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=130309&page=2 maybe it will help you.
find quote
Gombeek Offline
Donor
(2014-06-27 14:59)uNiversal Wrote:  see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=130309&page=2 maybe it will help you.

My bad, the eject works now should have taken that out of the quote, but the synaptic package manger still will not open in the GUI only sudo synaptic works. It isn't the end of the world but is a bit annoying.
find quote
Gombeek Offline
Donor
ok so solved the synaptic package manager not loading from gui… you will need to terminal run sudo synaptic then install policykit-1-gnome, reboot and viola she works!

*edited because stupid auto correct changed gui to guy
(This post was last modified: 2014-07-03 18:02 by Gombeek.)
find quote
nickr Offline
Donor
Large violin indeed!

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the plus button and increase my reputation :)
find quote
victoire Offline
Merci très détaillée, je vous remercie pour les informations fournies

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
find quote