Error script failed
Hi
I am very new to the whole XBMC expeience. My problem is that some add on's wont play and give a message saying "error, script failed".

i do have a log report but it is very long and means nothing to me. Any help would be appreciated.
Paste it on pastebin and link it here.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Thanks Piers....I think this is it

http://pastebin.com/445TsCdT#
Anyone?? Undecided
HuhHello, I am having the same problem, I have installed XBMC on Windows 7 early March and everything was working OK. However, about a week ago whenever I tried to use Mashup it says "Source Website down"; 1Channel replies does not load either and replies "an error occurred communicating with Icefilms" . I also get script errors when attempting to access Youtube.
some ad-ons do work such as sound cloud and I am able to add new sources and repositories.
Forum Rules
Huh
According to forum rules we do not support add-ons that breach copyright regulations in some countries. So in this regard, I will address the failure of the supported add-on 'You-tube'. Looking over the log at there are errors with various add-ons, anyone of which may have thrown in code to stop the works. At this point I'm unsure if you have a custom build with 3rd party loaders or self modifying add-ons etc which may have a deleterious effect on the system, I would suggest disabling all your add-ons and delete the youtube add-on, then try to add the youtube add-on back in from the official repository, it should work well. Failing that, I suspect some of your internal code has been compromised, something only a fresh re-install would fix.

I will note that 3rd party add-ons have issues around the time that code is changing to new iterations of the XBMC and suggest you seek help with the original authors and support forums for these issues.
Thanks for the reply Patk. As I am totally new could you tell me which add ons breach copyright regulations also could you explain third party loaders and self modifying add on sand what is a deleterious effect on my system. Could you also explain what is the official repository you mention.

Apologies for my ignorance but I have no technical expertise in this at all.

Thanks
There are far too many add-ons to list that break forum rules. Anything that doesn't have a home on here is much more likely to be piracy related. An example is Icefilms - that doesn't have a home on here because it specifically allows users to access copyrighted material.

Thanks Piers, any advice on what might be wrong. I have re-installed XBMC and still most "official" add ons still won't work.
Most of the rules of the forum are posted in the wiki (Amet provided the link), and a list would be useless as there are more add-ons being added everyday and the law regarding copyright varies country to country. Suffice to say that the add-ons supported by XBMC are in the general repository, available from within XBMC as installed from XBMC.org

There are custom builds of XBMC, some come with hardware boxes, others are just modifications for various hardware bundles that might include piracy add-ons & proprietary code. Some add-ons in the past have code which calls home, or made to force advertisements etc. overriding users choices and in general have the potential not only to bring disrepute to the software, but to risk this very forum as if it was supporting piracy. Some of these add-ons have hooks which may allow installation of code that act as Trojan software, it's a slippery slope that this forum wisely avoided for the sake of all members.

Because there is so many of these 'my pirate add-on doesn't work' questions most people have elected to ignore the questions or just be short and say 'these add-ons are not supported here, Google is your friend'.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=149712
Thanks Patk, any advice on what might be wrong. I have re-installed XBMC and still most "official" add ons still won't work.
Maybe you can list one of these official add-ons that don't work together with a log.

Thanks Piers, appreciate you taking the time. The log is below.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=154395

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error script failed0