Req Maintening database
Let's say that you have a collection and that some of your items need to be replaced. Let's consider this for tv series as maintening movies don't exhibit the same issue.

So you have to replace multiple files BUT... removing from library is available only in 'root mode', meaning that if you want to remove a whole season or some episodes, you'll end removing each element one by one. For 2 or 3 files that's ok but for 3 or 4 seasons of 23 episodes that's just pain in the ass !

And I don't get it as the option to remove from library exists but only at one level : it sounds pretty archaic to me.
If you organize your episodes into a season folder then you can go to that folder in Videos -> Files and remove them by season.
Well I'd sure like you to point me WHERE you actually are able to remove a season folder at once because the menu in Videos/files offers me :
queue
play
add
information
mark as unwatched
mark as watched
update
change
scan
now playing
Change content -> type set to None, say yes to refresh. Then just scan for new content on that TV show.
That sounds like a complicated way to me when it should be in the context menu, like at the root menu with the "Remove from library" option.
Then I did what you suggested to end up with the WHOLE show removed and not only the concerned season (of course, I was in file mode with the path to the desired season to be removed highlighted).

I do think that before implementing bunch of new options, developpers should focus on making xbmc more mature...

Anyway thanks for your help !
I was wondering about the same thing. We can remove individual episodes and an entire series but not a specific season. Is it a design decision?

Would it be possible to add this feature?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Maintening database0