Win No sound
Hello, some days ago my volume stopped working, and i wasnt able to unmute it. I was thinking it may be from when i installed a unofficial driver for the xbox one controller for windows it started happening.
When i disable gamepad input in settings i am able to turn the volume up again, and unmute XBMC, but then the sound is totaly gone, from both system and video, even though it works when not in xbmc, and my speakers is activating like its going to play something, but its still mute. Is there some setting i have missed other than mute that i need to turn on again after i disable gamepad input, or do i have to uninstall it altogether?

I have tried deleting guisettings, and restore to default in video/audio settings, but nothing helps- Running XBMC 13 alpha 2, but same results in the nightly.
You try hitting the '+' key on the keyboard a few times when playing something?
Yes ive tried that, after disabling gamepad input that is possible, but the sound wont come back,when i start up xbmc with deleted guisettings, i the volume turns down immediatly, as if i was holding the - buttons, but i dont, and also the gamepad is disconnected, i have also tried turning of both the mouse and keyboard when starting up xbmc, but still get the same issue.
Sounds like a bug that should be reported, I can cop out with 'unofficial driver ' as the issue, and point out that there is a lot of things happening behind the scenes with handshaking and drivers. Just don't know what to suggest at this point, perhaps others will chime in.
Please post a debug log, refer to log_file (wiki), and post a screenshot of your audio settings.
http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=153608

Theres my log, as you can see i started playing a videofile just to show, the speakers activate but no sound comes out, i have had the same problem on both xbmc alpha 1, 2, and nightly 13/07/14
If gamepad support is turned on and i try to adjust volume, either with keyboard or xbmc android remote, the mute blinks. When i turn of gamepad support, i am able to turn up the in program volume.

DTS is also enabled
Have you been playing with the audio settings between taking the log and the screenshot as they don't tie up, in the log a the WASAPI - HDMI device is used but in your screenshots it shows the Directsound - HDMI device in use?
Yes, sorry, that is the only one i changed between, forgot to set it back
I take it there was no difference between WASAPI and Directsound then?
Have you got Stereo Upmix enabled? if so try with it disabled.
(2014-03-19, 13:17)8bitpirate Wrote: Yes ive tried that, after disabling gamepad input that is possible, but the sound wont come back,when i start up xbmc with deleted guisettings, i the volume turns down immediatly, as if i was holding the - buttons, but i dont, and also the gamepad is disconnected, i have also tried turning of both the mouse and keyboard when starting up xbmc, but still get the same issue.

Could you expand on this.

Are you saying that after you delete the guisettings.xml you start xbmc and you initially get sound then it seems to lower by itself? if so at what point does it lower?
Correct, no difference between directsound, wasapi, stereo upmix enabled or disabled. The sound i get when i start up xbmc after deleting guisettings is only so i can make it play some systemsounds, then like if something is holding down the volume down (- button) so the sysstemsounds gets lower and lower and pretty quickly turns completely off, like when you hold the -, even thought i have tried disconnecting every input immediatly after clicking xbmc.exe and it loads up.
Any suggestions? Being used to xbmc makes everything else feel stone age Tongue
Tried renaming the whole appdata folder to .old and install 13 beta 2 again, but the same thing happpened

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No sound0