Centralized library problem (mysql)
I have a problem with my centralized library. Alltough its a general problem and not OS specific i posted here because my main htpc is linux also my synology nas.

The database and my collection are both on my synology nas with dsm 5.0. So its actually a MariaDB (now standard on dsm, believe its backward compatible mysql fork).I have an AMD turion htpc with openelec (My main and only one who scans automaticlely), Rasp with openelec, W7 xbmc and a w8 xbmc. The openelec (3.2.4) are frodo 12.2 and the windows are 12.3 (all most current versions). All the devices are connected with NFS to my Synology. The AMD Turion and w8 are cabled, other two are wireless but my wifi is fast enough.

My problem is after a few days i have missing episodes/season who where there before. Also some movies are missing. There is a folder in the library but it is missing (partial) content. There is content in my collection. I tried scan manually (update) with the AMD turion and with the W8 xbmc but the content is still missing in the library. When i delete my database and build from scratch the content is back again.

First i figured the would be something wrong with the database side but yesterday it hapened again and something (in my eyes) strange happened. I did found out when i right click the serie with missing content and i right click and scan for new content all other corrupt folders are back again. So even the non scanned folders.

I used the how - to from xbmc wiki (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...sing_MySQL). The only difference i did was adding the advancedsettings.xml in the XBMC/sytem folder in stead of the XBMC/userdata folder on the windows pc's. Its was not working in the userdata folder.

<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>10.0.0.6</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>10.0.0.6</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</musicdatabase>

<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

Anyone can help me to figure out what i did wrong? Thanks in advanced!
Here are debug logs:

The content of "Almost human" and "Blacksails" is missing in the library but are in the scanned collection. I update manually without results:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=152685

After this i reboot and right click the folder and scan for new content in "almost human". Then it adds the content to the library but not from "black sails". So i right click that folder also to scan missing content:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=152686
Sadly no response yet. Do people need more information to help me? Is there a more suitable subforum for this problem? If so please feel free to move this topic.
Are the files still present on your storage drive?

You do not have any clean library settings or addons enabled within XBMC itself?

Do these specific files follow the same naming convention?

Have you watched those episodes since this setup?

Do you have XBMC library setup to only show unwatched episodes?
Thanks for your reply! I have answered your questions

- Are the files still present on your storage drive?
Yes, there still on my synology Nas (connected via LAN by NFS)

- You do not have any clean library settings or addons enabled within XBMC itself?
I have the auto library update with clearingbank. But as the files are not remover this would not have effect.

- Do these specific files follow the same naming convention?
The files are named exactly as posten by release groups. Besides files who where probably scanned in the first place later are scanned bad and vice versa. Without any change to file itself

Have you watched those episodes since this setup?
No, even series who aren't watch can be a problem

Do you have XBMC library setup to only show unwatched episodes?
No, it's shows all series
If you press c on the source and set content is it set as TV series?

Have you tried rescanning? Or removing the source and readding it?

Also, do you need remote access (access from outside your LAN) because if not you should use your private IP instead of 10.0.0.6. It would be something like 192.168.0.10.
Yes tried all, rescanned, checked sources, checkes content, checked scappers, checked my MariaBD and so one. Its strange...

My (internal) ip range is between 10.0.0.2 and 10.0.0.256.
(2014-03-27, 19:26)MdZ2014 Wrote: Yes tried all, rescanned, checked sources, checkes content, checked scappers, checked my MariaBD and so one. Its strange...

My (internal) ip range is between 10.0.0.2 and 10.0.0.256.

Ok, weird I haven't seen routers with those ranges before.

I don't know much about MariaDB. I'm assuming you can't use vanilla MySQL with you NAS?
Yes, I have DSM 5.0 and use MySQL as the back-end for my XBMC clients. I installed phpMyAdmin in order to have a GUI to set the password, drop databases, etc., but I'm sure you could also use mysql from SSH if you prefer command line.

FYI, 10.0.0.0/8 is a private address range. It isn't commonly used for home networks as most home users wouldn't need more than 254 usable IPs that a 192.168.X.0/24 range provides.

As for the issue for the thread, I haven't come across missing media items yet. However, I have my own troubles with trying to use multiple profiles, keeping the databases and thumbnails up to date. The big challange is that everything is really a hack to try and make something that isn't designed from the core suit a multiuser, multidevice environment. It's sad, because in my opinion, this really is the best HTPC UI out there.
Thanks for your replay. You use MySQL instead of MariaDB which is standard DB within DSM

Thanks for the info, Years back i had a router which had this range custom. Nowadays i change it to it as i am used to it. But i guess this would not be the source of my problem.

It still happens sometimes, but it looks like less then before. Nu clue about why

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Centralized library problem (mysql)0