Bug Music library re-scan ignores/removes files in music root folder
Hello,

on my rpi (openelec 2.95.2) i observed i strange behaviour when updating my music library. The files are stored in the following format:

Any random music files: nfs://192.168.2.120/media/hdd/music/files.mp3
Some samplers: nfs://192.168.2.120/media/hdd/music/sampler-name/CDx/files.mp3 or nfs://192.168.2.120/media/hdd/music/sampler-name/files.mp3

When i add the music root folder to the library all files are correctly found and added to the library. But once I rescan (rightclick on music folder ->add to adtabase or rescan using yatse android remote bottom) all files from root folder (nfs://192.168.2.120/media/hdd/music) are being removed during rescan. The samplers and all other files in the subfolders are updated and stay. The only way to re-add files from the music-root folder is to open music folder in file view and right-click on a mp3-file and select add to database. The following scan will add all music files in this folder to the library again.

As i use a mysql databse, i checked what happened to the path 'nfs://192.168.2.120/media/hdd/music' in MyMusic46->path. It used to have idPath 1. Now idPath 1 is gone, 2 is the lowest idPath now. After re-adding my files 'nfs://192.168.2.120/media/hdd/music' got id 57, which is the next highest after all the subfolders.

Everything was fine when i used to mount the nfs share locally in openelec to /media/hdd or something (under frodo). I'm not sure, but i think this happened once before (shortly befor i switched to gotham) at the time i changed from mounting the share locally and add it to the library to using nfs links as source in the library.

I hope someone can help me with my little problem here.

Best regards
Doesn't sound like a Pi specific issue. Could you try the same test with xbmc on another platform (e.g. windows) using gotham beta 2?
If that has the same problem, then report the issue here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=188083
Updating the library from a windows machine (gotham beta 2, same mysql database) results in music-rootfolder under MyMusic46->path->idPath->57 being deleted. It is readded under id 58. All files stay in music library, just under the new id now.

I'll do a second library update from my windows machine and see if id jumps to 59. Will take a while ~3700 files in the library.

EDIT: All idPath entries are deleted. Now they start from 59 for the music-rootfolder and 60-113 for the subfolders. The link to the network folder containing the music files was the same as on rpi.
Usually NFS uses Unix-style access rights; check if other has read access on files (-rw-r--r--) and read+execute access on directories (drwxr-xr-x). I had issues with non-playable media files because of NFS access rights.
Hello 606u and thank you for your suggestions. I checked the rights and they were all ok. Otherwise i couldn't add the files in the first place or from my windows machine. I did some more testing the last days.

- After initial scan of my music directory on windows or rpi: all files are added to the library. Mysql (MyMusic46->path) has all subdirectories.
- Library re-scan in rpi results in loss of all file in music-root-directory. sampler in subfolders are not affected. Mysql (MyMusic46->path) is missing the root-folder (idPath 1).
- Library re-scan on windows (after initial library scan from rpi) keeps all files, but all paths in Mysql get a new idPath.
- Library re-scan on windows (after initial library scan from windows) keeps all files as well. idPaths aren't touched.

So I'm quite sure its a pi related issue. Maybe because there are so much file in this root folder? When I've time the next days, I'll move all these file to a new subfolder and see what happens...From hat I can say its either because the amount of files or any corrupted files. Or its because of the way I organize my files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music library re-scan ignores/removes files in music root folder0