Benefit of XBMC on the iPad? (i.e. how do YOU use it?)
I'm a huge fan of XBMC and absolutely love it on my HTPC (and would never use anything else!), but I'm wondering what the benefit of using it on my iPad would be.

For example, if I'm home then I'm going to use my HTPC, and if I'm away from home then 95% of my media isn't available on my iPad so I need to stream/transcode it so I can play it remotely.

How are you guys using XBMC on the iPad?
Watching tv in the bed ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
OK -- So you are using SMB/NFS to connect to your NAS (or whereever your media is located) and then playing it on the iPad?

If so, how are you syncing the XBMC artwork or do you just keep two seperate copies?
Correction - watching livetv in the bed Smile.

But yeah i have a mysql database on my nas and shared the database between my dozens xbmc clients. The artwork is cached locally on each client magically. And yes i am using nfs on the nas to be able to connect from all xbmc platforms.

I am also using it to watch livetv when eating on the table some times (because i was getting hungry during the show and didn't want to wait to its end in front of the tv).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Using old iPad2 with TV /out to my TV. Also Doing this with my old 4s's with cracked screens not worth fixing.
In the middle of a show, right at the "best part" and don't want to pause, but that Taco Bell isn't agreeing with the stomach. Use SwitchPlayer to sling the already in progress video to the iPad and keep watching while on the throne. It's good to be the king.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Benefit of XBMC on the iPad? (i.e. how do YOU use it?)0