A Nearly Perfect TV Tuner/DVR For XBMC
a guy has developed a pretty incredible script that comes pretty close to integrating a total tv tuner/dvr front end into xbmc. it's very close i think to the xbmc mythtv script already , but has only been under development for about a month. also, if you have struggled with a mythtv/xbmc setup, you'll find getting this thing working a breeze - it uses sagetv as the backend, which has a 14 day free trial so you can see how it works. the only two areas where i think he could use some help is to get livetv with channel changing going (right now you can pick a channel to record and then select watch for semi-live tv experience) - sagetv has a web remote interface that provides for channel change/input so i would think this may just take a python guru to figure out getting that working. also, he is looking to beef-up the guide portions which are somewhat basic at this point. here is the link to the script and some discussion of it:

<link>http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthre...518</link>

here are the script'ss current features:
- list recorded tv
- list movies
- list schedule
- search title/by keyword
- watch recorded and recording shows
- list other showings of selected show
- set/clear watched
- record/cancel series w/ settings
- sort by date, title and remember last selected
- like/don't like buttons
- closest thing to a guide so far: list channels on the left and display upcoming shows on the right when a channel is selected.
- set show as watched if playback reaches certain point
- filters in recorded tv for unwatched and movies

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A Nearly Perfect TV Tuner/DVR For XBMC0