Change default focus in Confluence?
I'm using XBMC v13 beta 2 with the Confluence skin.

When I start XBMC the navigation focus is always on "Music". How can I change this to focus on "Videos" as the default start position?

I've been looking in the skin's Home.xml, but can't really make it work... can anyone please give me some help?
This has been something I've tried to correct a few times myself. It appears the skin will always start at the "middle" menu item. So the only ways I've found to deal with this is to either enable/disable sections until I have the right number in the right place to get TV Shows as the focus or to reorder the menus in Home.xml so that the one you want is in the "middle" position based on what you have active.

Neither seem ideal. I would love and adore if there was a setting that would let you pick the default focus of the home screen.
"Reorder the menus in Home.xml so that the one you want is in the "middle" position based on what you have active."

Can you tell me how to do this? I'd like to try it at least... :-)
Couple of Mods can do that, check out how they did it.

Hybrid uses
PHP Code:
<onload condition="Window.Previous(startup)">Control.Move(9000,$INFO[Skin.String(initialmenuitem)])</onload

Important bit is the Control.Move() on loading the home screen.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

(2014-03-20, 09:32)Mudislander Wrote: Couple of Mods can do that, check out how they did it.

Hybrid uses
PHP Code:
<onload condition="Window.Previous(startup)">Control.Move(9000,$INFO[Skin.String(initialmenuitem)])</onload

So uh... I add this to Home.xml?
(2014-03-22, 00:01)Muyfa666 Wrote:
(2014-03-20, 09:32)Mudislander Wrote: Couple of Mods can do that, check out how they did it.

Hybrid uses
PHP Code:

So uh... I add this to Home.xml?

Not exactly as listed. It won't do anything, as it makes some assumptions that the skin has set some string (which Confluence hasn't). So here's a slightly different take on that:
Code:
<onload condition="Window.Previous(startup)">Control.Move(9000,2)</onload>

That will set focus on the second menu item two to the right from the one XBMC picked at the start. You still have to figure out how many over you want focus to be, and the number will change if you change the number of menu items displayed, but it's easier than actually moving the menus around.

P.S. to go to the left, make the offset a negative number.
Ok, great!

Can I paste it anywhere in Home.xml or does it need to be in a specific place?

EDIT: I just pasted it and it works! Awesome. Had to change to 4 instead of 2 (trying all number in between ;-)

Finally I can lay this to rest - at least for now. :-)

EDIT2: Just noticed your remark about negative number and -1 of course worked very well too. :-)
Works perfectly!!!
<onload condition="Window.Previous(startup)">Control.Move(9000,2)</onload>

It should be integrated into the skin confluence...

@pkscout You have built a very good command 👍
If i helped you, you can thank me with a thumbs up 👍 below, thanks 🙏.
Kodi 20.x stable release | Skin Confluence (by Jezz_X)
I like editing skins ❤

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change default focus in Confluence?0