streaming from iphone to XBMC
is there an application that i can stream from my iphone to my xbmc ( i do not have an apple TV). I went to my XBMC settings and turned my air stream on.
Most airpaly capable apps should work (e.x. the music app for streaming music and youtube or videos app for movies).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
thanks but do i need to download an app in my XBMC or iphone?
if so can you kindly state the name pls?
Airplay is a feature of the iPhone. It works automagically when surfing to youtube.com for example (swipe up the control center and you should see the airplay target selector). In XBMC you just have to enable the Airplay Option under System->Services
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
thanks again for your prompt replay but when I swipe only airdrop comes up even on my ipad air!!!
you need to ensure that xbmc and the ipad are in the same network (subnet) and that your router doesn't block multicast traffic.

you could also post a debug log (wiki) for beeing sure that airplay was enbled properly...
(2014-03-20, 16:16)Memphiz Wrote: Airplay is a feature of the iPhone. It works automagically when surfing to youtube.com for example (swipe up the control center and you should see the airplay target selector). In XBMC you just have to enable the Airplay Option under System->Services

Does zeroconf need to be enabled too? I had a similar problem as the OP on my windows HTPC and it seemed to need zeroconf enabled? - Actually I think I found it gets enabled by default when you turn Airplay on right? But I didn't have it installed on my windows machine so it wasn't turning on Tongue. If he has airplay on and not seeing any icon that could be the reason possibly.
unfortunately I cannot see airplay neither on my iphone5s or my ipad air - this is getting me frustrated now!!!were is this zeroconf? is it in the XBMC or iPhone?
(2014-03-21, 08:20)liverkop Wrote: unfortunately I cannot see airplay neither on my iphone5s or my ipad air - this is getting me frustrated now!!!were is this zeroconf? is it in the XBMC or iPhone?

Xbmc, under system -> services (should be next to the 'airplay' option).
yes did that and the button is on. still not working.
yes - debug log (wiki) ... most likely the issue is with your network or router.
finally problem has been solved - thanks for everyones help
What was the issue in the end?
I downloaded an application on my XBMC called airplayer -1 .apk and worked on my iPhone an ipad finally
You should have told us that you where talking about XBMC running on android in the first place. Then the solution would have been to use a nightly build on android which added zeroconf support which is needed for airplay ... so basically if i got you right - you just posted in the wrong section here (should have been the android forum not the ios forum...).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
streaming from iphone to XBMC0