• 12(current)
[Release] Skygo V2
No one any ideas on how to bind a key on andriod remote? have tried using the keymap editor but it doesnt work, really annoying to be near a perfect like this, at the moment im using chrome remote desktop to kill it when im finished watching, awkward tho
(2014-08-29, 01:18)Etnies Wrote: No one any ideas on how to bind a key on andriod remote? have tried using the keymap editor but it doesnt work, really annoying to be near a perfect like this, at the moment im using chrome remote desktop to kill it when im finished watching, awkward tho

The android app won't work - you need to use an app that sends key presses to the computer as a whole. The android app communicates directly with xbmc so the addon doesn't see this.

I use hippo remote on ios I'm sure they'll be something similar for android. You usual have to download a server program on to your computer to facilitate communication.
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
Hi All

been reading these posts for a while now, some great helpfull info but........ i seem to have a small issue,

when i click to load the v2 launcher all seems to go well untill i actrually select a movie, tv show, catchup or anything,

xbmc jumps to the skygo flash screen then sit there doing nothing,

error log shows

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "skygov3.py", line 156, in <module>
File "skygov3.py", line 134, in main
File "skygov3.py", line 24, in channel_launcher
File "win32com\client\__init__.pyc", line 95, in Dispatch
File "win32com\client\dynamic.pyc", line 114, in _GetGoodDispatchAndUserName
File "win32com\client\dynamic.pyc", line 91, in _GetGoodDispatch
pywintypes.com_error: (-2147221005, 'Invalid class string', None, None)

username and account details are correct and same mac address is registered with there website

any suggestions are greatly appreciated

Thanks
problems with sky go i get to sky go screen nothing else cont-alt-del show errors any ideas thanks in advance internet explorer 11 was missing
Your addon looks great, is obviously working really well for a lot of people, and your support here seems first class. Unfortunately however I'm not able to benefit from what seems to be some really great work.

I completely understand that there are a number of show-stopping technical constraints that are restricting your addon to being a Windows-only solution at the moment but as a Raspberry Pi user I did pick up some discussions in your V1 thread about Pipelight just maybe being a solution to the lack of Silverlight problem but that, even if it did solve that issue, you are still left with the problem of having a browser that you can control remotely.

On the browser issue, just in case you haven't seen the news, I thought I'd mention the news item that I saw today about the release of the Pi Foundation's Epiphany browser (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/09/02/...ers_users/ and http://www.raspberrypi.org/web-browser-released/).

I can think of loads of reasons why Epiphany still might not offer a viable way forward for Pi users (e.g. it might not offer the right remote control APIs, it might not have the necessary features to interface with Pipelight or for some other reason might not have the capabilities necessary to run the SkyGo web interface, despite it being optimised for the Pi it might still be asking too much of the low power Pi hardware to run everything necessary to deliver a usable stream to XBMC, etc, etc, etc). Even with all those possible knock-outs however I did want to make sure that you were at least aware of the Epiphany release and I would be very interested in any thoughts that you might have about it even if they are negative ones. I am a computer scientist by training/degree so do understand that sometimes the right pieces just aren't available but I'd be interested to know how far away we might be from a Pi solution being possible.

- Julian
(2014-09-02, 15:52)JulianPFP Wrote: Your addon looks great, is obviously working really well for a lot of people, and your support here seems first class. Unfortunately however I'm not able to benefit from what seems to be some really great work.

I completely understand that there are a number of show-stopping technical constraints that are restricting your addon to being a Windows-only solution at the moment but as a Raspberry Pi user I did pick up some discussions in your V1 thread about Pipelight just maybe being a solution to the lack of Silverlight problem but that, even if it did solve that issue, you are still left with the problem of having a browser that you can control remotely.

On the browser issue, just in case you haven't seen the news, I thought I'd mention the news item that I saw today about the release of the Pi Foundation's Epiphany browser (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/09/02/...ers_users/ and http://www.raspberrypi.org/web-browser-released/).

I can think of loads of reasons why Epiphany still might not offer a viable way forward for Pi users (e.g. it might not offer the right remote control APIs, it might not have the necessary features to interface with Pipelight or for some other reason might not have the capabilities necessary to run the SkyGo web interface, despite it being optimised for the Pi it might still be asking too much of the low power Pi hardware to run everything necessary to deliver a usable stream to XBMC, etc, etc, etc). Even with all those possible knock-outs however I did want to make sure that you were at least aware of the Epiphany release and I would be very interested in any thoughts that you might have about it even if they are negative ones. I am a computer scientist by training/degree so do understand that sometimes the right pieces just aren't available but I'd be interested to know how far away we might be from a Pi solution being possible.

- Julian
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
Hi Syborg,

I think you might have accidentally deleted/undone your reply text before posting your last post. There doesn't seem to be any content in that last post apart from the quote of my original post.

- Julian
This add on should now work anywhere in the world when using unotelly dns theyve apparently got passed the catcha part
(2014-09-02, 15:52)JulianPFP Wrote: Your addon looks great, is obviously working really well for a lot of people, and your support here seems first class. Unfortunately however I'm not able to benefit from what seems to be some really great work.

- Julian

Sorry dont know what happened tried to delete the other one and it wont let me. Who knows?

Hi Julian,

The problem I've had is that I have never been able to make Pipelight work on any system I've had (virtual or full install) through the browser so I gave up to be honest. If it was so complicated to get running in browser getting it running through XBMC was going to be a nightmare and I have enough issues with the windows side of thing with adding more on top of it. I wanted to get the windows version in a state that I was happy with before exploring the linux, OSX and international versions that I have been asked to do.

To be honest, I don't think the little RaspPi is going to be capable of running XBMC and WINE to run a video through a plugin through a browser it just doesn't have the processing power unfortunately.

Have you tried the new browser? Can it run Skygo in the browser at all?
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
Hi Syborg

After everything working perfectly for 3months my TVGuide Dixie is opening 2 x bat file windows when clicking on a channel, I then get two skygo internet explorer windows opening and I have to close one...after that it's fine.

It's been doing it now for at least a month and numerous updates to TVGuide Dixie haven't fixed it.

I'm using skygo v1.4 as v2 doesn't work properly with either versions of TVGuide or TVGuide Dixie

Any idea how I can stop this happening ?
does it work for italian users?
Hi,

I am getting the following error when I attempt to launch a channel with SkyGo V2 addon.

File "skygov3.py", line 156, in <module>
File "skygov3.py", line 134, in main
File "skygov3.py", line 29, in channel_launcher
File "win32com\client\dynamic.pyc", line 511, in __getattr__
pywintypes.com_error: (-2147417848, 'The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.', None, None)

I spotted this error on the thread a bit back but I didnt see a solution to the error. Has anyone been able to fix this ? Or is there anything I can try as a workaround.

I am running Windows 7, IE 11.0.9600.17280, XBMC 13.2 Gotham, Latest version of Silverlight

I also noticed that the error is thrown prior to sky go login page loading fully, I get a white screen, error and then the login page displays. I have both sleeps set to maxium.
Hi SyBorg,

Thanks for making this available - a great idea, and very useful.

Just in case some-one else comes across it, it took me a while, but noticed, that if you also use XBMCLauncher - then you'll need to make sure that the "XBMC Focus" option is not set (I set it to once - now) - otherwise you end up with XBMC keep popping up over the top of the playing media!

Also notices a few errors in skygov3.exe.log (Not sure of the cause, but thought I would post them here):

Code:
TypeError: an integer is required
C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.skygo\resources\lib\other\skygov3.exe\pyHook\HookManager.py:349: RuntimeWarning: tp_compare didn't return -1 or -2 for exception
  File "pyHook\HookManager.pyc", line 349, in KeyboardSwitch
Exception TypeError: 'an integer is required' in <module 'threading' from 'C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.skygo\resources\lib\other\skygov3.exe\threading.pyc'> ignored
Error in atexit._run_exitfuncs:
  File "atexit.pyc", line 24, in _run_exitfuncs

I was also wondering, is this open-source, as I'd be willing to help track down bugs instead of just posting things I spot - if it's any help.

Thanks

Rob
(2014-08-08, 15:07)syborg Wrote: There is a issue between tvguide and skygo v2. This due to the way the addon is made. Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to do this in the near future. New job and moving cities in the near future has meant development is done probably until the turn of the new year unless it completely breaks!

Does this mean the original version (V1) should be used for now if tvguide functionality is desired?

on V2 hitting the back button closes the player and takes me to the ie page and I have to get the keyboard out to get back to xbmc, is there a common fix for this?

Many thanks for you work on this plugin.
Hi Syborg

Is it possible to get Skygo V2 working on an old xp box with Google chrome instead of IE11?

It almost seems to work but fails with a script error just before playing..

Or do I have to bite the bullet and upgrade?

Cheers

Joe
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Skygo V22