• 3(current)
[Release] Skygo V2
(2014-03-26, 12:32)85genius Wrote: Hi

I am new to the forum and registered to say thanks for this great add on!

As someone else mentioned I was having the problem of it not refocused after leaving a live stream (it was opening an internet explorer page) I found a simple fix that should work for anyone with a media remote:

http://inchoatethoughts.com/launching-xb...ter-remote

Also with regards to the TV guide Is that done through a desperate add on and if so will it be worth installing now or is it going to be integrated into a future update of the sky go addon?

Thanks Again

Welcome to the forum!

TVGuide is done through another addon - TVGuide - I'm pretty sure it appears in the main XBMC list. I have made a previous mod of the TVGuide addon awhile ago but it was so buggy that I have withdrawn it and it wouldnt work with this version anyway. I will return to it in the future but there is no timeline.

I'm currently working on a fix for the issue huzz456 was having and should have a fix for this by today with the channels coming up automatically in the addon section.

I've got list of things that I was going to try to sort today.
- Refocus issue - I said in a previous post that - what's in place seems to work fine on one of my machines but not the other so I'm trying to come up with a solution but the best thing might be to put a few in the settings and let people pick what works for them.
- Fix the double entry issue on the boxsets - for some reason you have to go into boxsets twice to get the next menu
- fix the encoding
- Get rid of the " around the titles
- various other bugs and speed issues
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
Hi Syborg,

Firstly huge 'Thanks' for your continued work on the add-on.

I've upgraded to v2.04 and Live TV seems to be working fine so far on W7 x64 with IE11 and latest Silverlight.

There are some minor text formatting issues in the On Demand sub-menus such as double quotes around titles and '&' being displayed instead of '&' in menus and program names.

I was getting script errors with some of the on-demand context, but these seem to have resolved themselves for the moment, so I'll play around with it and see if I can reproduce them.

Brilliant work though!
(2014-03-26, 13:06)th0msk Wrote: Hi Syborg,

Firstly huge 'Thanks' for your continued work on the add-on.

I've upgraded to v2.04 and Live TV seems to be working fine so far on W7 x64 with IE11 and latest Silverlight.

There are some minor text formatting issues the on Demand sub-menus such as double quotes around titles and '&' being displayed instead of '&' in menus and program names.

I was getting script errors with some of the on-demand context, but these seem to have resolved themselves for the moment, so I'll play around with it and see if I can reproduce them.

The fix for the formatting will be coming today.
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
Update now being pushed

Version 2.0.5 (26.03.2014)
- fixed text formating errors
- fixed movie thumbnails not showing
- fixed double entry into boxsets
- added alternative refocus option
- added "add to TVGuide addon" and add support for playing from this addon
- various other small bug and improvements
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
Wow this is now excellent and works perfect, thank you!

Couple of minor things - When the Chanel starts the mouse curser slowly tracks across the screen from top right to bottom left. Does changing the mouser curser settings fix this somehow?
And when I press backspace to close a Chanel instead of going back to TV guide it closes that too, anyway for it to just go back to the guide?
(2014-03-26, 17:10)huzz456 Wrote: Wow this is now excellent and works perfect, thank you!

Couple of minor things - When the Chanel starts the mouse curser slowly tracks across the screen from top right to bottom left. Does changing the mouser curser settings fix this somehow?
And when I press backspace to close a Chanel instead of going back to TV guide it closes that too, anyway for it to just go back to the guide?

This tracking is to get the channel info away. If you change mouse setting in the settings it will change the position it tracks too so you can put it a less intrusive place.

This happens because the addon listens for backspace and so does xbmc so when you hit it sends it to both exiting the addon and also going back one step in xbmc.
This isn't an issue in the addon itself as it's designed to go to the main menu on a video launch then when you press you go back to where you were with tvguide the option might be to allow a different button to exit the addon or find a way of not registering the keypress with xbmc.

Update
Version 2.0.6 - Pushed
added an option to fix backspace issue if you are using tvguide (warning only to be used with tvguide - caused issues when used within skygo addon)
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
Just tried the update but it still exits out of the TV guide with the new option turned on
(2014-03-26, 23:33)huzz456 Wrote: Just tried the update but it still exits out of the TV guide with the new option turned on

Hmm... Working at my end both machines. What's your system specs. The only other option is going to be to give the option to change the key to exit.
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
I'm running windows 8.1 with latest gotham beta,would it help to get a log?
(2014-03-26, 23:48)huzz456 Wrote: I'm running windows 8.1 with latest gotham beta,would it help to get a log?

Probably not in this case technically nothing is going wrong it's acting as it should. I'll get exit button option in the next release.
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
Thanks, Syborg, for your work on this! Very much appreciated!

One question, though.

I like to have XMBC close after 10 mins of inactivity to save power (for basically when I fall asleep watching something (every night)). I do this using the built-in settings in XBMC. However, when viewing Sky, it classes this time as inactivity and so hibernates the computer after 10 mins unless I press a key quickly.

My solution was to make .bat files that switch the Windows hibernate time to 2 hours when loading the launcher, and back to 10 mins when closing it and switch off the settings in XBMC. Two issues with this - I couldn't figure out how to make these execute when SkyGoLauncher starts/stops and also Sky playing classes as activity in Windows (I think) and so it ignores it anyway.

Is there a way to get SkyGoLauncher to switch the timeout in XBMC to say 2 hours when it loads, and back to 10 mins when it closes? i.e. a timeout override setting. This basically means I can fall asleep watching Sky and it won't stay on all night, or watching something else on XBMC and it closing 10 mins after the programme finishes.

Thanks again for your work. If this feature could somehow make an appearance, it would perfect it for me.
(2014-03-27, 21:47)evod Wrote: Thanks, Syborg, for your work on this! Very much appreciated!

One question, though.

I like to have XMBC close after 10 mins of inactivity to save power (for basically when I fall asleep watching something (every night)). I do this using the built-in settings in XBMC. However, when viewing Sky, it classes this time as inactivity and so hibernates the computer after 10 mins unless I press a key quickly.

My solution was to make .bat files that switch the Windows hibernate time to 2 hours when loading the launcher, and back to 10 mins when closing it and switch off the settings in XBMC. Two issues with this - I couldn't figure out how to make these execute when SkyGoLauncher starts/stops and also Sky playing classes as activity in Windows (I think) and so it ignores it anyway.

Is there a way to get SkyGoLauncher to switch the timeout in XBMC to say 2 hours when it loads, and back to 10 mins when it closes? i.e. a timeout override setting. This basically means I can fall asleep watching Sky and it won't stay on all night, or watching something else on XBMC and it closing 10 mins after the programme finishes.

Thanks again for your work. If this feature could somehow make an appearance, it would perfect it for me.

Adding a timer to close skygo should be possible - getting interaction with xbmc alarm might be tricker I'll have a look and see what I can do.
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
Hi Syborg,

First of all, thanks for a fantastic add-on, I'm loving it.

Secondly, I'm sure I'm being stupid, but can you please explain how the TV Guide functionality works? I've installed the TV Guide add-on and enabled it on the Skygo add-on, but I can't work out how to view the EPG in TV Guide. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Trev
(2014-03-28, 09:31)okcor Wrote: Hi Syborg,

First of all, thanks for a fantastic add-on, I'm loving it.

Secondly, I'm sure I'm being stupid, but can you please explain how the TV Guide functionality works? I've installed the TV Guide add-on and enabled it on the Skygo add-on, but I can't work out how to view the EPG in TV Guide. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Trev

You use a program like xmltvgui or mc2xml to create a XML tv listings data file of the channels then once you have loaded this in you can select a stream to go with each channel this where the tvguide functionality comes in.
When you are selecting a stream you have three options - a .strm file, a favourite or compatible addons. The add to tvguide adds skygo to the compatible addons and will in turn give you the full list of skygo channels to select from. It may even match some of the channels automatically if the names in your XML file and the channel names match up.
If search the forum there are a few guide on how to setup your xmlfile and schedule it using windows scheduler I wrote one myself a while back if you look through my history!
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
(2014-03-26, 23:49)syborg Wrote:
(2014-03-26, 23:48)huzz456 Wrote: I'm running windows 8.1 with latest gotham beta,would it help to get a log?

Probably not in this case technically nothing is going wrong it's acting as it should. I'll get exit button option in the next release.

Figured it out xbmc actually has a builtin function for this! The rom launchers use it. Will be in the next update.
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Skygo V22