XBMC on synology and update library automatically
Hi all,

I am using XBMC on several computers and I use mysql on synology to store the database. Is it possible to update the XBMC database from the synology itself when no XBMC station is turned on?

This would enable me to have an up to date library at all time without the need to do update all the time when I start.

Thanks,

John.
Nope
Your best bet is to pick up a Raspberry Pi and throw XBMC on it. There is an add-on I use that auto updates the library - I have it set to every 5 min. It will set you back about $30-40 total, take up another network slot on your router, and take up another power outlet but outside of that its basically the same thing. It is the closest thing XBMC has to a headless environment.
(2014-03-21, 11:04)starcraft04 Wrote: Hi all,

I am using XBMC on several computers and I use mysql on synology to store the database. Is it possible to update the XBMC database from the synology itself when no XBMC station is turned on?

This would enable me to have an up to date library at all time without the need to do update all the time when I start.

Thanks,

John.

Brilliant idea Blush

I'm sure the guys over at Synocommunity could do it, but they are probably busy with their other important projects.

(2014-03-21, 16:27)aceman118 Wrote: Your best bet is to pick up a Raspberry Pi and throw XBMC on it. There is an add-on I use that auto updates the library - I have it set to every 5 min. It will set you back about $30-40 total, take up another network slot on your router, and take up another power outlet but outside of that its basically the same thing. It is the closest thing XBMC has to a headless environment.

Brilliant idea too Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on synology and update library automatically0