New Multimedia PC, Cerberus MPC1......Thoughts?
I will happily test linux on one of these if you want to send me a sample Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-03-21, 20:01)gcote Wrote: Hi Guys. I'm relatively new to the XBMC world and only because we developed our own small form factor multimedia PC.

We are currently in the prototype stage before our availability of May/June of this year. I was hoping to get some feedback and constructive criticism regarding our design and the offerings we will be providing. We still have time to make changes to our design without affecting our delivery timetable so any input would be greatly appreciated. I've noticed a lot of XBMC users are inclined to build their own HTPC's so who better to ask advice?

Specifications:

CPU - AMD 64-Bit x86 Quad Cores @ 2.4Ghz
CACHE - 32KByte I/D per Core; 2MByte Shared L2
FPU - IEEE 754 Compliant Single/Double Precision 2D/3D
GPU - Radeon HD8000 @ 655Mhz w/800Mhz Turbo Boost supporting OpenGL 4.2 and OpenCL 1.2
SDRAM - 64-Bit Wide DDR3-1600 SODIMM up to 16MByte
STORAGE - 2.5” HDD supports 7mm and 9.5mm Laptop Drives for up to 2TByte. M.2/NGFF Supports Latest Generation40/80mm Cards up to 480MByte.
VIDEO DECODE - UVD Engine 4.2 supporting: Direct X11.1; Dual HD Video Decode (MPEG-2, H.264, WMV, VC-1, Blu-ray 3D); Dual 10180p HD Streaming
VIDEO ENCODE - VCE 2.0 Supporting H.264 DUAL HDMI - Two standard HDMI Type-A Connecters Supporting Up to 4K x 2K (Quad-HD) Resolution
SECURITY - Secure Boot, SHA, AES, RSA, etc
USB - Two 5Gbit USB 3.0 and Two 480Mbit USB 2.0 Ports each with [email protected] for Phone Charging, Blu- Ray Drive, Cell Modem, etc
802.11AC WiFi - Dual Antennas for widest coverage and actual throughput up to 800Mb/sec
WIRED ETHERNET - Shielded RJ45 with Integrated Magnetics Supporting 10/100/1000Mb/sec Speeds
AUDIO I/O - 80mw Stereo Headphone Amplifier Output and Stereo Line in.
CONSUMER INFRARED - CIR Receiver Compatible with most Remote Controls
ECO-FRIENDLY - Low Power Consumption, Typical 15W, Maximum 25W Operation, <2W Idle Ultra-Compact Size - 152.4mm x 110mm x 38mm (6.00" x 4.33" x 1.50") Fanless, Extruded Aluminum Enclosure. Smaller than a paperback book!

Our dedicated webpage is currently under construction so we are only visible on our Indiegogo campaign at http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cerber.../x/6171500

I know it's a crowdfunding site, but I am in no way asking for contributions. I just want to show you what it will look like and the pricing structure compared to other mini PC's out there.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

No thanks
Not sure, what contribution you want: http://www.zotac.com/products/mini-pcs/z...nt/10.html

And Gratulation to the 16 MByte memory.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-04-10, 08:05)fritsch Wrote: Not sure, what contribution you want: http://www.zotac.com/products/mini-pcs/z...nt/10.html

And Gratulation to the 16 MByte memory.

Our thanks for pointing this inferior product out to the community!
The Zotac has:
Much slower CPU (1.5Ghz vs 2.4Ghz)
Much slower GPU (500Mhz vs 800Mhz)
Slower Memory DDR3-1333 vs DDR3-1600
FAN vs FANLESS!
and a somewhat bigger box (~20% bigger all around)

Price for the Zotac barebone is $299 same as ours, but their plus model with 4GB and 500GB is $450 where ours is $399.

All in all it seems we do have a competitive product, feature and price wise. Clearly an argument can be made that lesser capable
products will do some of the job and perhaps all you need for XBMC. But, as we said, our goal with Cerberus MPC1 was a full PC
experience including gaming, in very small size, with no FAN and and XBMC preloaded.

BTW, with all the excellent feedback we got here, we are planning an even smaller fanless unit with a 1.2Ghz dual core and 375Mhz
GPU (Quad core at 1.4Ghz with 4GB DRAM may be an option, not sure yet), SSD only (no 2.5"). The Base unit with 2GB DRAM
and 16GB SSD will be $249 and will include Windows 8.1 with XBMC already installed!

greg
(2014-04-10, 06:29)FishOil Wrote:
(2014-03-21, 20:01)gcote Wrote: Hi Guys. I'm relatively new to the XBMC world and only because we developed our own small form factor multimedia PC.

We are currently in the prototype stage before our availability of May/June of this year. I was hoping to get some feedback and constructive criticism regarding our design and the offerings we will be providing. We still have time to make changes to our design without affecting our delivery timetable so any input would be greatly appreciated. I've noticed a lot of XBMC users are inclined to build their own HTPC's so who better to ask advice?

Specifications:

CPU - AMD 64-Bit x86 Quad Cores @ 2.4Ghz
CACHE - 32KByte I/D per Core; 2MByte Shared L2
FPU - IEEE 754 Compliant Single/Double Precision 2D/3D
GPU - Radeon HD8000 @ 655Mhz w/800Mhz Turbo Boost supporting OpenGL 4.2 and OpenCL 1.2
SDRAM - 64-Bit Wide DDR3-1600 SODIMM up to 16MByte
STORAGE - 2.5” HDD supports 7mm and 9.5mm Laptop Drives for up to 2TByte. M.2/NGFF Supports Latest Generation40/80mm Cards up to 480MByte.
VIDEO DECODE - UVD Engine 4.2 supporting: Direct X11.1; Dual HD Video Decode (MPEG-2, H.264, WMV, VC-1, Blu-ray 3D); Dual 10180p HD Streaming
VIDEO ENCODE - VCE 2.0 Supporting H.264 DUAL HDMI - Two standard HDMI Type-A Connecters Supporting Up to 4K x 2K (Quad-HD) Resolution
SECURITY - Secure Boot, SHA, AES, RSA, etc
USB - Two 5Gbit USB 3.0 and Two 480Mbit USB 2.0 Ports each with [email protected] for Phone Charging, Blu- Ray Drive, Cell Modem, etc
802.11AC WiFi - Dual Antennas for widest coverage and actual throughput up to 800Mb/sec
WIRED ETHERNET - Shielded RJ45 with Integrated Magnetics Supporting 10/100/1000Mb/sec Speeds
AUDIO I/O - 80mw Stereo Headphone Amplifier Output and Stereo Line in.
CONSUMER INFRARED - CIR Receiver Compatible with most Remote Controls
ECO-FRIENDLY - Low Power Consumption, Typical 15W, Maximum 25W Operation, <2W Idle Ultra-Compact Size - 152.4mm x 110mm x 38mm (6.00" x 4.33" x 1.50") Fanless, Extruded Aluminum Enclosure. Smaller than a paperback book!

Our dedicated webpage is currently under construction so we are only visible on our Indiegogo campaign at http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cerber.../x/6171500

I know it's a crowdfunding site, but I am in no way asking for contributions. I just want to show you what it will look like and the pricing structure compared to other mini PC's out there.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

No thanks

I see you highlighted the GPU specs. Are you trying to say something? I'd prefer not to guess.

greg

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Multimedia PC, Cerberus MPC1......Thoughts?1