No DTS-HD Passthrough option - Gotham
Ok so.
Obviously my GTX 570 Ti does not bitstream DTS HD or Dolby True HD. Hence why.

I will find a replacement for this and return.

Thank you so much for your efforts, I truly appreciate it!
Hola,

Sorry for not opening a new thread...

I know that I have handshake issues between my Intel i3 540 and my Denon 2312CI, because windows does not see DTS-HD, Dolby True HD nor 192 Khz sample. But using Gotham Alpha Monthly I could select HD audio streaming capabilities in XBMC and it worked fine even with handshaking problems.

Now with Gotham Beta, XBMC shows only the capabilities that Windows records and, logically, can not stream HD anymore.

Is there any way to override this new behavior? Maybe via advancedsettings? Or guisettings?

Thansk for the help.
Not 100% sure I'm addressing your problem.

Is it that the HD Audio passthrough options do not appear in the settings.

If so make sure when you open the settings dialogue that either 'expert' or 'advanced' options are used. Bottom left corner in settings. This will provide access to the passthrough settings.
Thank you, steelman1991,

The settings is already in "Expert".

The issue is related to try to override the new way that XBMC handles the passthrough capabilities of the audio output, so I can stream DTS-MA and Dolby TRUE-HD. I only can see AC3 and DTS.

Gracias.
I'm having the same issue running Gotham Beta2. I have looked at the log and XBMC seems to correctly identify that my video card HDMI output is capable of DTS-HD and DD-HD in the log as long as I use the WASAPI version of the device.

BUT.... when I go into the AUDIO OUTPUT options and select passthru, I only get DTS and DD as choices for support in my external decoder.

It would be nice to see this correct as it seems a step backwards has been taken somewhere.
ELD can be wrong. On the other platforms we allow users to override but we missed Windows. Will be corrected.
Thank you, FernetMenta.

I'll wait for this one.

Gracias.
FernetMenta,

I saw this PR: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4472 and it was merged.

Is that the one that allows selecting HD audio in windows?

I ask because I downloaded the last nightly build and still can not see the options.

Please help.
Switch to Advanced Mode. In default mode, we only show the options that normal users are able to understand. Finding the advanced setting is the first barrier of natural selection ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thank you, fritsch.

Of course that was one one first things I did.

Please, see my post number #17 and #19 where I expose my situation.

Help...
Please post a debug log.
FernetMenta,

Here is my log.

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=162253

Gracias...
Your amp does not report 192khz sample rate which is required too. Will investigate ....
FernetMenta,

Yes, I know. I have a lot of troubles with handshake. But with the monthly builds I could override it, except for 192 Khz. I've tried everything to bypass the problem and nothing seems to work.

Thanks for the help.
Hola,

I'm really sorry to say that the last nightly build did not work for me. I still can not choose HD audio streaming capabilities with "advanced" or "Expert" options.

Does somebody knows a way to override audio streaming capabilities in Windows like the old monthly alpha builds did?

Please help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No DTS-HD Passthrough option - Gotham0