No DTS-HD Passthrough option - Gotham
It will be fixed but we have other things to do as well.

Oh, should work already. Please post new log.
Thank you, FernetMenta,

I'm at work right now, so when I get home I'll post a new log.
Thank you so much, FernetMenta.

I just downloaded the last nightly build (04-Apr-2014 07:41) and it works. Now I can choose HD audio streaming capabilities. The only problem that remains for me is 192Khz capability where XBMC resamples to 96Khz when I play 192Khz audio.
For this I won't create a work around because 192khz audio files are complete nonsense. Quality suffers from this: http://xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html
And the options are back in XBMC, cheers developers. I wondered where they had gone since the early nightly builds.

Maybe this could be marked as resolved?
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2014-04-05, 06:54)FernetMenta Wrote: For this I won't create a work around because 192khz audio files are complete nonsense. Quality suffers from this: http://xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Good reading, FernetMenta.

I understand your decision based on that. I think we all like to see the lights in ours receivers on...

Thank you again for your patience and good work.
Rainbow 
Sorry if this is old newz but I hit this thread after my i3 NUC running OpenELEC stopped outputting DTS-HD MA which had been working flawlessly previous. I'm been running the Beta 4 releases that the guys over at OpenELEC have been putting out in readiness for Gotham.

Basically I only had DD and DTS as options in the main GUI, reverted back to Confluence to check the Expert options were enabled (running Aeon MQ) and they were. Tracked this down to putting my NUC into suspend and the resume was obviously not working all to great with my Yamaha RX-A2020, as soon as I rebooted the handshake worked and the options were available again. I've been working my way through the NUC issues, can't say if this problem is a by-product of the hack to get suspend working but though others my find this useful.
hehe wondered about this myself....but i found the ansswear. when playing a movie you can press "m" then go to the "sound logo" under there you can chose to passtrough.....for some reason it isn´t under the audio settings? and please stop making so much changes the frodo worked perfect with the dtsma-hd so why change it. at least give people the choice if they want to steam it or not instead of choosing another sound system which actually does that people have to invent or jump through hoops with the new version. just upgraded yesterday and had tha same problem. can only get dts sound even if the movie has an dts MA HD track playing......
(2014-05-28, 10:07)Wishkeeper Wrote: hehe wondered about this myself....but i found the ansswear. when playing a movie you can press "m" then go to the "sound logo" under there you can chose to passtrough.....for some reason it isn´t under the audio settings? and please stop making so much changes the frodo worked perfect with the dtsma-hd so why change it. at least give people the choice if they want to steam it or not instead of choosing another sound system which actually does that people have to invent or jump through hoops with the new version. just upgraded yesterday and had tha same problem. can only get dts sound even if the movie has an dts MA HD track playing......

It's still in audio settings... See Gotham FAQ (wiki), and thanks for dismissing the hard work the devs did in order to fix the massive nightmare that was audio engine in v12. It might have worked for you in v12, but it was horribly broken for others. "So many changes" also simplified the audio settings so they are no longer pants-on-head retarded (like two options for audio output that did two very different things).

</rant>
I just installed Gotham tonight, and had the same problem with Aeon MQ 5 skin, i downloaded Transparency as well and still could not get the correct audio settings, for the heck of it i tried Confluence which was already on the download and they were all there, so i turned them on then switched back to the MQ 5 skin and they were there as well and ready to go and work just like they did with Frodo 12.3
Hi all.
I have two xbmc installation connected to the same av amplifier Denon - 1910. the first is gotham 13.1 beta 2 in windows 7 64 bit and xbmc 12.3 on raspberry pi. On the audio settings on the windows version I don't have any dts passthrough option and on the raspberrypi i have dts and ac3 passthrough available.

is there something I can do to force the dts and dts-ma passthough in xbmc? I wish I have the decoding done in the av instead of the computer.

Best regards.
Luis
(2014-06-18, 04:07)francoluis Wrote: Hi all.
I have two xbmc installation connected to the same av amplifier Denon - 1910. the first is gotham 13.1 beta 2 in windows 7 64 bit and xbmc 12.3 on raspberry pi. On the audio settings on the windows version I don't have any dts passthrough option and on the raspberrypi i have dts and ac3 passthrough available.

is there something I can do to force the dts and dts-ma passthough in xbmc? I wish I have the decoding done in the av instead of the computer.

Best regards.
Luis

Same problema here!
Gotham 13.1 final under Linux, but no DTS or AC3 "capable" checkbox, under "System - settings - audio".
I would appreciate any help.

Kind regards
Pedro Andrade
Follow the link in post #39
(2014-06-18, 04:07)francoluis Wrote: Hi all.

Best regards.
Luis

On Windows makes sure you have one of the WASAPI devices selected.
(2014-06-20, 11:33)pandrade Wrote: Same problema here!
Gotham 13.1 final under Linux, but no DTS or AC3 "capable" checkbox, under "System - settings - audio".
I would appreciate any help.

Kind regards
Pedro Andrade

Create your own post over in the Linux support forum with debug log file.

Possible causes:

1. Your equipment is not passthrough capable.
2. Your Settings level is not a high enough level to see all options, set to Expert.
3. You have a Linux desktop installation that comes with PulseAudio, if PulseAudio is installed then by default this is used and not ALSA, if PulseAudio is used then it must be configured for passthrough, see PulseAudio (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No DTS-HD Passthrough option - Gotham0