Linux opdenkamp repository: memory corruption
Hi there,

Today I tried an xbmc update from Frodo 12.2 to 12.3 after half a year. I got vdr and xbmc installed. I'm using the vdr-devel overlay (Gentoo), which addresses the opdenkamp git repository.

On vdr site I installed:
- vnsiserver5 (0.9.4)
- xvdr (0.9.9)

On xbmc:
- xbmc-addon-pvr-9999 (Opdenkamp, Git version)
- xbmc-addon-xvdr-9999 (Pipelka, Git version)

I can start vdr with that plugins without problems. But when I try to activate one of the pvr plugins in XBMC (xvdr or vnsi-server) I get:
Code:
*** Error in `/usr/lib64/xbmc/xbmc.bin': malloc(): memory corruption: 0x00007f14ac002a20 ***
Then XBMC freezes.

Then I tried to compile vnsi-server of fernet menta, cloned the git branch, but failed, when I called make.

So far I've noticed, there are 3 branches:
  • Fernet Branca: vnsi
  • Opdenkamp: vnsi
  • Pipelka: xvdr

Is one of that 3 somehow usable?
For Frodo you need branch Frodo which holds vnsi3. opdenkamp master is not compatible with 12.x

I recommend that you upgrade XBMC to Gotham beta 2. This version is much better than 12.x.
Quote:*** Error in `/usr/lib64/xbmc/xbmc.bin': malloc(): memory corruption: 0x00007f14ac002a20 ***

Besides that - do a ccache -cC
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Haven't activated ccache.

Fernet Menta:
Yes, you're right. I upgraded to Gotham (GIT) and installed Xvdr. It's working great. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
opdenkamp repository: memory corruption0