NextPVR add on in RPI Gotham
The NextPVR add on for Gotham works fine on my Windows 7 Ultimate x86 machine. It will not work on my RPI with either RaspBMC or OpenELEC., both work fine with Frodo. I get "tuner is no longer available" and "buffering 0%" pop ups that will not clear.

Am I all alone?
Definitely not alone, I get the exact same problem on both my RPis, but it works fine on both my Win7 machines.
do you guys have mpg2 licences?

can you produce a debug log to be a little more useful for the devs?

i have rpi and nextpvr, but since i dont have mpg2 lic i dontbother with er pvr on those units atm, sorry i cant be more useful.

D.
(2014-04-02, 10:47)Dam0 Wrote: do you guys have mpg2 licences?

can you produce a debug log to be a little more useful for the devs?

i have rpi and nextpvr, but since i dont have mpg2 lic i dontbother with er pvr on those units atm, sorry i cant be more useful.

D.

Yes, I have both licenses. Works with Frodo.
So now Gotham (June 2014) release there is NO nPVR. It does not work at all, it is not available in the repository, I cannot upgrade it or reinstall it.

Not just in the RPI/RaspBMC, but the Windows7 machines as well. I assume that XBMC and NextPVR had a falling out. XBMC seems to be pushing me to MediaPortal. My setup makes WMC not an option.
Mine works fine on the Android client but not the Pi. I don't have the mpeg2 license though. Should I go ahead and try it? Seems like if I'm getting the tuner not available like everyone else it wouldn't matter but maybe I'll need it in the future anyways.
Enabling timeshift mode in the addon settings should get rid of the tuner not available messages that some users get. A fix has also been submitted, but we're still waiting for that to make it through the xbmc release process.
Gotcha. I've tried timeshift enabled and disabled both with the same results. I purchased the codecs and added my licenses to config.txt with the same results. I see in the xbmc.log Warning: OpenVideoStream - Unsupported stream 0. Stream disabled.
(2014-07-10, 03:43)oedo808 Wrote: Gotcha. I've tried timeshift enabled and disabled both with the same results. I purchased the codecs and added my licenses to config.txt with the same results. I see in the xbmc.log Warning: OpenVideoStream - Unsupported stream 0. Stream disabled.
Sorry, I don't know anything about the RPi capabilities. From that message though, it sounds like it can't play whatever type of stream you're trying to watch.
(2014-07-10, 03:43)oedo808 Wrote: Gotcha. I've tried timeshift enabled and disabled both with the same results. I purchased the codecs and added my licenses to config.txt with the same results. I see in the xbmc.log Warning: OpenVideoStream - Unsupported stream 0. Stream disabled.

Post complete debug enabled log file (to paste site like xbmclogs.com).
+1 with logs linked below:

best guess is that relevant messages begin around line 245:
13:09:13 T:2803889232 ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL(3)
13:09:13 T:2803889232 ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Connect, didn't get any data from stream.
13:09:13 T:2803889232 ERROR: Open - failed to open source <http://10.0.0.5:1175095296/service?method=channel.listings&channel_id=7532&start=1405195701&end=1405541301&sid=2ec7ccb3fa97453e9732ef9f26416410>

in case i don't know what i'm talking about since this is my 1st post, complete logs at
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=246221

similar situation to above posts: xbmc on my NextPVR Win 8.1 host works beautifully. i have the hd homerun prime. it works great with my existing xbox 360 and pc, android apps.

on raspberry, i'm able to get the EPG, it updates channels correctly on reboots as i pare down the 900+ to the few I actually use, but no matter whether timeshift enabled or disabled "tuner no longer avaialble" on all channels. i've confirmed mpeg2 and wvc1 license support are enabled.

please let me know if i need to change logging level or anything. i'm grateful for the community's work and hope i can help get to the bottom of this!
(2014-07-13, 22:45)dharmapunk Wrote: 13:09:13 T:2803889232 ERROR: Open - failed to open source <http://10.0.0.5:1175095296/service?method=channel.listings&channel_id=7532&start=1405195701&end=1405541301&sid=2ec7ccb3fa97453e9732ef9f26416410>

I don't know much about NextPVR but that URL looks wrong.
The number after the : is the port number which should be small (less than 65536).

Was there somewhere you entered the IP address and port number that has an invalid entry?
Thanks for the tip. Maybe it's operating on upnp? I don't recall setting any ports other than the "standard" 8866 for NextPVR. I just got debug logs, think those would help? Also going to try setting up a 12.x instead of the 13.x gotham, some other thread suggests older one works better. not linking yet cause unclear...
I think you're correct popcornmix- not only does the error say url wrong format, the relevant port isn't in my router's list of UPNP ports. hdhomerun is set to use upnp, which is working well for several devices on my network. i'm killing firewall temporarily to re-test and eliminate anything at that level, but i think something is doing the ports wrong. here's debug enabled logs: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=246255
A final thought. I am able to start/stop recordings through nextPVR on the raspberry xbmc. I can also play them back with windows firewall on or off. I just can't do live TV streams, so again, I think the URL/port formatting/syntax is what's messed up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NextPVR add on in RPI Gotham0