Audio DTS - volume variance
I have noticed a volume variance while watching video. I am currently streaming a movie file from my NAS. When streamed to my primary XMBC box (using XBMBuntu v13 alpha 12) i have no issues with the sound. However, when streaming to my similar system on my rasberry pi - using Raspbmc 13.0 Alpha 12, i get volume decreases randomly. Is there a known cause of this? It is a DTS audio stream - i have seen some other threads that say it may be a power issue, or a problem with the HDMI cord (but i have used other cords, and the other Pi with the same version etc shows similar behavior). I have not tried a different power cord because i do not have one available.

Does anyone have any thoughts? Much appreciated.
Have you enabled "Amplification"? Set that to zero.
Is passthrough enabled?
I do not know where this setting for amplification is available at? I tried searching for that earlier...

And passthrough is disabled.

Scratch that ...

amplification is set to 0 db. Passthrough is diabled.
I don't believe it is power supply or hdmi cable (the failure would be much more obvious).

I've not seen anyone else report this issue.

What is the cable connected to? TV or receiver?
Can you connect it to anything else?
Can you try the same file with analogue output to see if the same volume variation is present?
The Pi is connected to a tv directly. I have tried connecting it (the Pi) to other TV's. This occurs with 2 different Pi's - with different sets of power cables and different HDMI cable.

I can try video with analog output and see if that helps at all.

I will get back to you shortly.
On a side note, during testing, i found that if the video is paused, i get popping sounds through the speakers. Like a quick spike of static. Any thoughts on that?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio DTS - volume variance0