pvr problem
can anyone help please

we have just got justop android box everthing installed but can not enable pvr when i try it just comes up error tried everthing bot no change
Welcome to the XBMC forum.

Can you confirm the box model? I suspect it needs a USB TV tuner to act as a PVR - if you already have one can you confirm the model as well?

Also, finally more details about the error message please - ideally a debug log.
thank you for your responce

justop quadcore smart 4.2 jellybean

new to the android box cant find the debug log as yet
(2014-03-24, 07:12)phillip2354 Wrote: justop quadcore smart 4.2 jellybean
This one?

Quote:new to the android box cant find the debug log as yet
Click on the "debug log" text I posted above - it's a link to a how to from the Wiki.

Assuming I have the correct TV box, it will play stuff from a local hard drive/memory stick or streamed from the internet, but not act as a PVR without more hardware and a lot of effort.... You need a TV tuner (USB dongle) to input your local TV signal, after which PVR needs to be setup - a backend to decode the signals, and a frontend to show EPG, play TV etc. Take a look here for more details.
we are wanting to stream from internet but every time we try to go onto the live tv bit no pvr enabled so then we prusmed we to enable mainly nextpvr to get live streming

thankyou very much for helping us
No, PVR is just for your local TV signal (antenna, cable, or satellite).

However, depending on your Country there may be an addon available for live TV from the internet - e.g. BBCiplayer for the UK, though these are mostly used for catchup TV. In general you get better reliability and quality for live TV from the local TV signal rather than the internet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr problem0