Music NFO editor (album.nfo, artist.nfo)?
Lightbulb 
It must be out there, but I haven't found it. I've found posts by others also looking for it years ago (such as this thread). But nobody's found it.

Is there a program for creating album.nfo and artist.nfo files?

I find that xmbc does not scrape album information for some albums so well. So I want to have NFO files in my artist and album folders. Is there a program for music that is similar to Ember Media Manager?
If you find anything let me know, I've been waiting ages for something to manage my music like TV & Films.
There is this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=159323 but there seems to be no mention of ETA, Looks like doing the .nfos by hand is your best bet at the moment, but that can take a while if you have a lot of music
I'm in the same boat than you but MediaElch is planning to support this in a future version but actually, it's not in the program. MediaElch: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...=mediaelch

Solution for now:
With mp3tag software, you can export your tags to NFO if you want, but you need to build a MTE file. (mostly using an XML style that you can edit or create with a text or xml editor program).

I have created one MTE file for albums but I don't have one for artists. You can get it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9tyl7y5cxe2go4v/album_nfo.mte

To create a file for artists, this should not be hard to do. You can just use my file as a template and modify it for the artists. (Please share it after if you create one) Smile

You place the files here: C:\Users\Proprietaire\AppData\Roaming\Mp3tag\export\

You go in the mp3tag program and then use the menu File - Export then you will see the new added exportation file (s). Choose album_nfo, choose a filename when you save and go.

I hope it can help you.
Thumbs Up 
(2014-03-23, 16:34)LEDFan Wrote: Solution for now:
With mp3tag software, you can export your tags to NFO if you want, but you need to build a MTE file.

That's awesome! Thanks man. Exactly (almost) what I was looking for. I'll work on one for albums and post a link once I get it done. Hopefully this weekend.

cheers
Well as soon as I started working on that I realized it's only going to be scraping from the song tags (obviously). So all it populates is the Artist name, genre and a bunch of empty tags. (I guess at least it makes a template artist.nfo).

There must be a program (other than xbmc) out there that scrapes info from discogs, musicbrainz, etc. for artists. I don't know why, but my xbmc has trouble getting full information for artists (and albums).

... In the middle of writing this reply, I finally had success for the first time putting just the URL in the artist.nfo. (It needs to the "permanent URL" for the Details page. However, the artist I chose doesn't have any mood/genre/etc tags on Musicbrainz so I need an XML nfo file for it.
(2014-03-31, 13:24)TeflonDog Wrote: Well as soon as I started working on that I realized it's only going to be scraping from the song tags (obviously). So all it populates is the Artist name, genre and a bunch of empty tags. (I guess at least it makes a template artist.nfo).

There must be a program (other than xbmc) out there that scrapes info from discogs, musicbrainz, etc. for artists. I don't know why, but my xbmc has trouble getting full information for artists (and albums).

... In the middle of writing this reply, I finally had success for the first time putting just the URL in the artist.nfo. (It needs to the "permanent URL" for the Details page. However, the artist I chose doesn't have any mood/genre/etc tags on Musicbrainz so I need an XML nfo file for it.

On my side, I only answered to this part of your first post (album):
(2014-03-23, 11:07)TeflonDog Wrote: Is there a program for creating album.nfo and artist.nfo files?

For scraping issues, it's not related on my answer. You can edit your songs tags with MP3Tag or any other program before exporting them to NFO afterwards. Also, if you have empty fields, you can still edit the template in order to add/edit/remove tags and, if you have added them in the tags previously, they will show after the export process.

There is a good program to scrape: it's called MusicBrainz Picard: http://musicbrainz.org/doc/MusicBrainz_Picard

You've got my album_nfo.mte template file, did you build an artist.nfo template? Could you share it?
Has anyone made a Foobar plugin for exporting album.nfo files?
(2014-03-23, 16:34)LEDFan Wrote: I'm in the same boat than you but MediaElch is planning to support this in a future version but actually, it's not in the program. MediaElch: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...=mediaelch

Solution for now:
With mp3tag software, you can export your tags to NFO if you want, but you need to build a MTE file. (mostly using an XML style that you can edit or create with a text or xml editor program).

I have created one MTE file for albums but I don't have one for artists. You can get it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9tyl7y5cxe2go4v/album_nfo.mte

To create a file for artists, this should not be hard to do. You can just use my file as a template and modify it for the artists. (Please share it after if you create one) Smile

You place the files here: C:\Users\Proprietaire\AppData\Roaming\Mp3tag\export\

You go in the mp3tag program and then use the menu File - Export then you will see the new added exportation file (s). Choose album_nfo, choose a filename when you save and go.

I hope it can help you.

LEDFan, first off thanks for the mte file. I'm having problems with xbmc using the NFO file. Xbmc has already added the album but with no info, so I added the newly created NFO file and changed the scrapers in the music settings to local. But when I updated my music collection, it didn't pick up the NFO file. There were no errors, just no info added. I am running windows 7, AE 4.1.9.8 and Gotham beta 3. Do you have any suggestions.
Instead of updating your library, try a refresh on that specific album only. You shouldn't see the result right away. It does that for me, I have to go back to home menu and then go back in music/album to see the info appears.
Where do you see the option for refresh.
Every time I hit i like I do in the movie section it wants to download information from musicbrainz not the NFO.
First, make sure you have local info only for both in the settings:

Then, click "i" on an album, then on the album info view, use your left arrow in the keyboard and you will see this:

Yes I understand that, but I don't have the second option because even though you see it in library view, it hasn't yet been added to the library because no scraper can find it. And this doesn't change even though I set the scraper to local.

Edit: All it does is ask me for an album name and Artist name in a continuous loop until I cancel out of it.
OK I see what you mean now. What's the structure of your Music library? Your album.nfo file has to be in the same folder than the album in order for the scraper to see it. If there is no NFO file in the folder, then you will get a screen asking for the name of the artist, then for the name of the album and finally a dialog box saying there is an error because it can't find anyting...

Your NFO file should be named album.nfo and placed there:

Thank you for the pictures they helped a lot. The problem was the naming of the NFO file. I was naming it the same as the album ( example - work it out) and after seeing your picture, I change it to album.NFO and all is good now.

THANK YOU HEAPS.
No problem, glad it works now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music NFO editor (album.nfo, artist.nfo)?0