Req Suggestion: Include directive with parameters
(2015-04-07, 20:03)Jayz2K Wrote: If we don't consider the new include, $VAR works for <label>, <texture>, and as I discovered, <property> tags. It won't work for <posx>, <posy>, <width>, <height> tags, etc. Neither for StringCompare, etc.

So if those don't work outside the include, it won't in $PARAM. Still don't know why $VAR is not universal in the skinning engine but there should be a reason.

you are right, but I'm not sure why this is not possible. could be something to do with the position calculation.
Hi, I'm using the new include for some special cases, works fine and much more flexible. Noticed that the conditional tag works only at the include level :

Exemple :
Code:
    <include name="SeasonPreview" condition="Skin.String(VDO.View1.B3SizeY,1ROW)">
        <param name="tilew" value="212" />
        <param name="tileh" value="119" />
    </include>
    <include name="SeasonPreview" condition="Skin.String(VDO.View1.B3SizeY,2ROW)">
        <param name="tilew" value="424" />
        <param name="tileh" value="238" />
    </include>
    <include name="SeasonPreview" condition="Skin.String(VDO.View1.B3SizeY,3ROW)">
        <param name="tilew" value="636" />
        <param name="tileh" value="357" />
    </include>

And not in param level which should be :

Code:
    <include name="SeasonPreview">
        <param name="tilew" condition="Skin.String(VDO.View1.B3SizeY,1ROW)" value="212" />
        <param name="tilew" condition="Skin.String(VDO.View1.B3SizeY,2ROW)" value="424" />
        <param name="tilew" condition="Skin.String(VDO.View1.B3SizeY,3ROW)" value="636" />
        <param name="tileh" condition="Skin.String(VDO.View1.B3SizeY,1ROW)" value="119" />
        <param name="tileh" condition="Skin.String(VDO.View1.B3SizeY,2ROW)" value="238" />
        <param name="tileh" condition="Skin.String(VDO.View1.B3SizeY,3ROW)" value="357" />
    </include>

Any chance to have conditional tag usable at param level ? Reduces a lot more the code when there's a large amount of params (ex : if I compare values for 3 different strings, I have to call the include 9 times to satisfiy all possibilities. With conditional param, I call it 1 time with 9 lines). It should also be a $VAR substitution for tags that don't support it (posx, posy, width, etc.)
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
This was one of my suggestions we discussed while the feature was developed but it was denied because you could use $VAR to overcome it. In general I would prefer conditional params instead of defining a $VAR for each param which needs conditional values.
(2015-05-24, 09:12)xhaggi Wrote: This was one of my suggestions we discussed while the feature was developed but it was denied because you could use $VAR to overcome it.
That makes sense ... but still, $VAR is not universal.

(2015-05-24, 09:12)xhaggi Wrote: In general I would prefer conditional params instead of defining a $VAR for each param which needs conditional values.
Agree.

Right now, I'm sizing / positioning all things dynamically with slide animations (which support conditions). Not the cleanest way for my opinion (however it works). So I'm not sure where to place my request : conditions for $PARAM or a fix for <posx>,<posy>,<height>,<width> $VAR support ...
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
I'm trying to use create fade animation to work with this new include,
I wonder if there a way to replace the old method to let the user set the transparency for skin\image (which is create a lot of includes with fade animation and use conditions)

I Tried this one:
Code:
<include name="fade_level">
    <param name="Fade" default="100"/>
    <definition><animation effect="fade" start="100" end="$PARAM[Fade]" time="0" condition="true">Conditional</animation></definition>
</include>

then In the image I want to fade I put:
Code:
<include name="fade_level"><param name="Fade" value="70" /></include>

It Worked... but, when I tried to replace the "70" value with some $INFO[skin.string...] or $VAR - It not worked... only real number is working... so the whole method it pointless again...
Am I missing something and it can be done ?
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
$VAR[] or $INFO[] stuff works for exactly the same cases as usual.

Code:
end="$VAR[....]"
does not work without parametrized includes, so it also wont work when using them.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
so currently no way to achieve custom fade level? (without make 100 includes)
(2015-07-31, 14:24)tomer953 Wrote: so currently no way to achieve custom fade level? (without make 100 includes)
Depends on use case. colordiffuse / textcolor can also be used to achieve custom fade levels.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
the use is to apply transparency on images on the skin (main menu background, list backgrounds, dialog bg etc..)
I will glad to see any example how to make it work with colordiffuse or any other trick that make things easier to code and let the user a big range of choise.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suggestion: Include directive with parameters0