streams over DLNA gotham
Hi,

I'm trying to find out if I'm able to send a video stream from XBMC through my DLNA network.

To explain, without having any physical video files on my MacBook and streaming a stream if that makes any sense?

Cheers

Mike
no it doesn't please reformulate.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
If you take a iPad and watch a stream movie on it. Then he wants to stream it on to another player so a stream that you stream again at the same time. I think that's what he means.
If you can make it then pls tell if it works.
What I am trying to achieve is the following...
Have a video streaming from the internet on my MacBook, which I do already, then streaming that stream from the internet through my DLNA network to my TV,

So the video streaming from the internet is being displayed on my TVHuh?

Cheers
Where does XBMC come into play here? Are you running XBMC on that macbook? If so your TV needs to support UPNP rendering and you need to enable the UPNP "Play To" feature in XBMC (system->services->UPNP - something like "search for upnp players"). Then you can start that stream via the context menu and hit "Play Using" - the list of found UPNP renderers should then show your TV and you should be able to play the stream from XBMC to your TV.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi. I know this an old post now, and you've probably figured out how to do this. If not though, give me a shout. I've currently got my pc streaming kodi content wirelessly to my panasonic tv and xbox one, using dlna. flawless quality both audio and video.
(2015-02-06, 17:34)Spangly 76 Wrote: Hi. I know this an old post now, and you've probably figured out how to do this. If not though, give me a shout. I've currently got my pc streaming kodi content wirelessly to my panasonic tv and xbox one, using dlna. flawless quality both audio and video.

I'd like to know how, if you wouldn't mind. New to kodi. I also have a DLNA Panasonic TV and Xbox One.
Hi mate.
I'll assume you've got kodi setup already with your repos and can view normally through your pc? If so, these are the steps I followed. I've used this same method for my pc, iphone and galaxy tab.

This also assumes that all of the devices are set up on the same network.
From the main menu choose System, Settings.

From the new window from the panel on the left hand side choose Services.
From this window in the bottom left corner click on "Settings Level" until "Advanced" is highlighted.

Now choose "uPnp" from the options on the left hand side then highlight all four options from the uPnp sub menu. (Note that all four options may not be present unless you chose "advanced settings" in the step above.
Save the settings above which should take you back to the kodi main menu screen.

Now load your favourite repo and watch as normal.
When you're viewing, press 'c' on your keyboard which brings up the context menu. You'll find this only works when there are no media player controls on the screen. If youre using a phone or tablet, then long press the screen to bring up the context menu.
When the new context menu pops up it should list the program you are currently viewing. If you long left click on the program name, it will bring up a sub menu.
Now providing you have a dlna compliant device on your network the top option in the sub menu will be "play to".
By clicking on this it will list your dlna compliant devices (on mine it shows my viera tv, xbox one, as well as iphone and android)
Click on whichever device you want to view on.
After several seconds of reloading the program a pop up will ask if you want to continue or stop playing. This refers to the PC. if you choose continue it will play on your secondary device as well as PC. If you choose Stop Playing it will play on the secondary device only.

You then use the pc media controls to control the content on your secondary device.

I did find that to view on the xbox one I had to download the media player and video player app (both free apps)

Hope this helps and hopefully I've missed nothing out.
Let me know how you get on.
Hi,
This was exactly what i needed, but I did all as above and I just don't get the option to select another device when choosing a stream.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Hi,

Answering the question above that is because the context menu that has the option for changing devices is the Y key.

The solution posted worked like a charm for contents under the Video Add-Ons, has anyone managed to do this over iptv? I´m having some trouble trying to solve that alone.

Using Kodi 17 PVR IPTV Simple Client.

Also I am replying here since this is the only post more close to what I was looking for.

Again this solution works like a charm on Panasonic Viera and Samsung Tizen TVs, could not make it work with Philips SmartTv Alliance though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
streams over DLNA gotham0