My New Build, Home Cinema thread.
Very quick question. What skin are you using for XBMC?
(2014-03-26, 21:40)brywright Wrote: Very quick question. What skin are you using for XBMC?

Hi

It's Aeon Nox.
(2014-03-26, 17:59)GTunney Wrote: Thanks Zag it took me ages to find. Was rather nervous something of this size coming from Germany.

Steff it's her doing, as long I've got the tech in place she can do what she likes with the walls
I know what you mean bluray, I have been looking at KEF T205 but it's not priority at the moment. It's not a dedicated cinema and I'm looking at getting the garage converted for that

If you've got any suggestions that would be great. Budget would be about £1500 GBP
This 5.1 surround sound system should be good-

Denon AVR-X3000 7.2 Channel 4K Networking Home Theater Receiver Plus A Pair of Klipsch RF-42 II Tower Speakers, (1) Pair of Klipsch RS-41 II Surround Speakers & A Klipsch RW-12 II Powered Subwoofer
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Will take a look although they are a bit large for my room and I'm not really after a new amp.
(2014-03-28, 10:42)GTunney Wrote: Will take a look although they are a bit large for my room and I'm not really after a new amp.
If you want to enjoy the fullest audio quality, bigger speaker is your best friend.

If you are looking for compact speakers, 5.1 speakers below are very good. I own the Energy Take Classic.

-Energy 5.1 Take Classic Home Theater System (Set of Six, Black)

-Definitive Technology Pro Cinema 800 System Black

If you want smaller floor standing surround speakers, Pioneer Andrew Jones speakers below are very good for its price. I have it in my master bedroom, and it is nearly half the size of my Klipsch floor standing speakers.

-Pioneer SP-C21 130 Watt RMS 2-Way Speaker

-Pioneer SP-BS41-LR 130 Watt RMS 2-Way Speakers (Pair)

-Pioneer SP-FS51-LR Floorstanding Loudspeakers (Black, Pair)

-Pioneer SW-8 100 Watt RMS Subwoofer System
Right I've moved the right speaker up a notch. Is this any better?

For the front (L & R) speakers, it is best to place it at ear level and aim it 45° angle at the main seat. It will delivers a wide sound stage and precise localization of individual sounds.

For the center channel speaker ©, it is best to place it below the TV. Then, aim the speaker up to point directly at the listener.
Very nice set up. I like the wallpaper - looks modern and complements your set up.

You own the same iron as I do Smile
Hi

where is your tv stand from please?
Hi it's from a German company called vladon mobel.

Www.vladon.de
Well it's out with the old and in with the new.

Home sign has been binned and now have these 2 new additions.

Very nice setup Nod looks great.
That Bane figurine looks awesome!! Especially when he's holding up the poster Rofl
Thank you.

He's just in his boss position at the moment. Might change him in a few month.
Nice setup, although always looking at the Sky box would bring my bloodpressure up to unhealthy levels.
Thanks for mentioning Vladon Möbel, my sister builds a new house and she needs new furniture as well, so we'll have a look there.
(2014-04-24, 15:12)villeneuve Wrote: Nice setup, although always looking at the Sky box would bring my bloodpressure up to unhealthy levels.
Thanks for mentioning Vladon Möbel, my sister builds a new house and she needs new furniture as well, so we'll have a look there.

It really doesn't bother me and I have nothing else that would fit the gap hence why it's there lol.

No probs, they've got some really nice stuff on there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My New Build, Home Cinema thread.0