Android bluray.iso with external player
oh - sorry I did not see, that someone else is interested in this topic.... Big Grin

So: what exactly you have to do:

first you have to install SMB Wrapper in a newer version or XBMC Wrapper on you server. For download-link use the search function of this forum. It is all documented here.

Then you have to start one the wrapper you installed. In XBMC Wrapper are some options for confoguration - for this moment you can ignore this, it could be interesting for the future. But there is a button "install playercorefactory". You have to press this button - but be carefully! - if you are just using a playercorefactory you have to make a backup first. When you press the button the original playercorefactory will be deleted.

Then you have a playercorefactory in the userdata-folder with a <>players <> section for the wrapper. If you had a playercorefactory before, you can now merge both (copy the section you need and paste).

Now I would suggest to start a filemanager like ES Explorer and start a local movie-file. The you will get a choice. which player is to be used: choose SMBWrapper oder XBMC Wrapper.. Direct after choosing it - you will be asked again - now you have to choose the himedia-videoplayer and confirm with "always". Now you have the Wrapper linked with your himediaVideoplayer.

Now you can start your xbmc. When you try to play a video file you can now choose your wrapper as player from the context-menue. With a rule in the playercorefactory you could the wrapper make to your standard-videoplayer f.i..
And this will work in this moment even for bluray.iso !! (when it is placed on a local drive in your himedia)

If you would like to play bluray.iso from you NAS (SMB) you have to add the following steps:
After starting your himedia you have to switch to the Mediacenter. Choose LAN , choose shortcut and then switch once in your SMB-share (you have to make this "shortcut" as link to your share before), where the bluray.isos are stored. By doing this steps your himedia is making a special mount here: /nmt/smb/mountpoint_0X .
This mountpath seems to have special accessrigths - that is why the himediaplayer can full access it and play a bluray.iso.

And this works also from XBMC. Switch to XBMC, start the bluray.iso from the path /nmt/smb/mountpoint_0x - and it works !
The one problem is: that you have to make the steps in the mediacenter/LAN after every restart of your himedia. You could make a startscript, the it would work automaticly after every restart (the NAS has to be online !).
The script should be like this (it is like a auotkey-makro, you have to adapt it for your system):

am start -W -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.himedia.lan/.activity.SambaDeviceActivity
input keyevent DPAD_RIGHT
input keyevent DPAD_CENTER
input keyevent HOME

SaEt9000
(2014-06-12, 15:13)SaEt9000 Wrote: oh - sorry I did not see, that someone else is interested in this topic.... Big Grin

So: what exactly you have to do:

Now I would suggest to start a filemanager like ES Explorer and start a local movie-file. The you will get a choice. which player is to be used:
input keyevent HOME

SaEt9000

Hello, i am new here. I had the same problem as you, but following your steps above, i could play blueray.iso indeed. Thanks for nice share.

Just a reminder, there are two himedia.videoplayer for my Q5 II, firmware 1.06, if opening video through Root Explorer. please test one by one, for me,
only one of them work
Could you tell me which version of xbmc works well with your himedia Q10-ii? Thank you.
if you would like to use external player you can use Gotham 13.2 or actual Kodi alpha as well. Both are working.

I like the SPMC (13.3.2) very much - external player works well and the internal HW support is also good for himedia. Better then with gotham versions , the latest kodi-versions I did not try.

SaEt9000
I have tried SPMC 13.3.2 with my himedia Q3-ii. After disabling mediacodec in the setting/Video/Acceleration, it works very well. It's awesome. Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
bluray.iso with external player0