Gotham update on OUYA?
Does anybody know when they will update XBMC on OUYA to run Gotham?

I know it will be after it's fully released and out of Beta but will it be updated on all systems?
.:Twitter~ derty10
.:Instagram~ _derty_
.:WiiU~ ask for add
I'm not sure if OUYA plans on updating the version in the OUYA store or not, but OUYA can already run the normal XBMC for Android versions, and includes the hardware video decoding that you see in the OUYA store. We were going to look at officially submitting XBMC to the OUYA store, but there's a few issues, the biggest being that Dolby wants people to pay a license because we software decode Dolby Digital audio. This is why the "XBMC on OUYA" store version has less audio playback abilities, because they had to pull those parts out. XBMC for Android, when sideloaded, does not have this limitation. So in exchange for some minor inconvenience of having to sideload (which is still pretty easy) people can get the full blown XBMC.

I don't know if the unofficial SPMC will be updated for Gotham versions, but that will be another one to look out for, as it has a few extra hacks to help out OUYA's weird audio-passthrough situation.
(2014-03-25, 02:58)Ned Scott Wrote: I'm not sure if OUYA plans on updating the version in the OUYA store or not, but OUYA can already run the normal XBMC for Android versions, and includes the hardware video decoding that you see in the OUYA store. We were going to look at officially submitting XBMC to the OUYA store, but there's a few issues, the biggest being that Dolby wants people to pay a license because we software decode Dolby Digital audio. This is why the "XBMC on OUYA" store version has less audio playback abilities, because they had to pull those parts out. XBMC for Android, when sideloaded, does not have this limitation. So in exchange for some minor inconvenience of having to sideload (which is still pretty easy) people can get the full blown XBMC.

I don't know if the unofficial SPMC will be updated for Gotham versions, but that will be another one to look out for, as it has a few extra hacks to help out OUYA's weird audio-passthrough situation.

Thanks for the answer Big Grin
I didn't realize that the sideloaded version of XBMC has better audio.
I hav it sideloaded on OUYA as well but use the app mostly.
But once Gotham gets a full release then I'll probably make the switch to only using the sideloaded version Wink

And I've heard about SPMC just havnt looked too much into it :\
.:Twitter~ derty10
.:Instagram~ _derty_
.:WiiU~ ask for add

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham update on OUYA?0