• 4(current)
DXVA problems in XBMC 13 Gotham with Radeon HD3xxx HD2xxx
(2014-04-29, 21:37)nille02 Wrote:
(2014-04-29, 20:59)LOGIK3 Wrote: I think I have the same problem with my Intel HD Graphics card on my Lenovo Q190! Sad

Is it working with my patched build?

Yes, I try the RC1 install.
If it working, witch Intel GPU are you using?
Lenovo Q190! has Core i3 with Intel HD 4000 on the board which has no this issue.
nille02, your patch worked for me! I was having the same problem with my HD 3870. Thanks!
Current Rig:
XBMC 13.1 Git:20140604-0d1d803 (Compiled: June 4, 2014)
Transparency! 6.0.6
Windows 8.1 with Media Center
Intel Core i5-3470 3.20GHz, 64bit
8GB DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Realtek High Definition Audio, driver version 6.0.1.6710
(2014-05-01, 09:42)ajr30 Wrote: nille02, your patch worked for me! I was having the same problem with my HD 3870. Thanks!

Its not my patch, i have only build the XBMC with these patches. cg110 and afedchin writes the patches. but its nice that these builds are useful for others.
Well then, thank you for the build and thanks to cg110 and afedchin for the patches. I have no idea how any of the development works so I'm just happy people smarter than me can patch, compile, build an exe I can use. Thanks to all. Keep up the awesome work.
Current Rig:
Transparency! 6.0.6
8GB DDR3
This is the final Release (See My Signature)

Lets hope that they Fix the Problem with 13.X
Great thanks so much for your help.
A question has this bug been reported to xbmc team? If they are aware of the bug then i also hope they will fix bug in later versions.
(2014-05-04, 19:54)krille3018 Wrote: A question has this bug been reported to xbmc team? If they are aware of the bug then i also hope they will fix bug in later versions.

There is a bug and a discussion on github.
I have to respond to this because of the way you decided to post on the main blog.
Quote:The Problem is well known since a year and is ignored -.-

You can use my Build. it has a workaround that fix the problem.

From the discussion on github it is obviously clear that this is not "being ignored", but rather that the fix that was initially created doesn't fit in with the XBMC coding principles and likely would cause a load of issues on other platforms. It is nice that it works on your platform, but fixes in the code need to work for all all platforms, and not cause heavy regressions.

I understand how you could be sad that our (few) Windows devs weren't able to create a proper fix in time for the Gotham review rounds before launch. They are human beings after all who do not get paid but spend their free time on XBMC. It is also worth noting that the first *proper* bugreport was done in this thread on the 24th of march 2014, which by my calculation was not a year but only 6 weeks ago.

Also, props to afedchin for making the team. Great to have another Windows developer!
(2014-05-05, 11:43)Kib Wrote: and likely would cause a load of issues on other platforms. It is nice that it works on your platform, but fixes in the code need to work for all all platforms, and not cause heavy regressions.

I have running the workaround on older AMD Cards, on newer AMD Cards, Intel IGPs (HD 2500) and Nvidia Hardware without any problems.

(2014-05-05, 11:43)Kib Wrote: I understand how you could be sad that our (few) Windows devs weren't able to create a proper fix in time for the Gotham review rounds before launch.

I'm sad about the fact that gotham has a final release with a know regression.

(2014-05-05, 11:43)Kib Wrote: They are human beings after all who do not get paid but spend their free time on XBMC.

Thats well known, and a reason why i can't understand that the final release are releases so roughly. was there a deadline?

(2014-05-05, 11:43)Kib Wrote: It is also worth noting that the first *proper* bugreport

Do you what to allure that the bug report on trac was nothing? I can tell you why its so small. i report many times problems to projects but if it looks like the bug system is not well used or if now one is interested in it i don't start to look deeper at it. not even at this time the bug is accepted or a team member answered to it.

The same for the report from a other user with the same problem http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/15120

(2014-05-05, 11:43)Kib Wrote: which by my calculation was not a year but only 6 weeks ago.
On github.
FernetMenta Wrote:This issue has been around for more than a year. I doubt that that many users have this old hardware in use otherwise this problem would have been reported earlier.

About the amount of reports. Hes right. The usage of this hardware is decreasing but the users a still there. And i doubt that so many people try nighty's, alphas or beta versions and use the affected hardware. But that no reason to ignore them. i guess most of them notice thats broken and use something different or use the cpu decoding if possible.
(2014-05-05, 12:58)nille02 Wrote: I'm sad about the fact that gotham has a final release with a know regression.

Thats well known, and a reason why i can't understand that the final release are releases so roughly. was there a deadline?

you need to live with it.
i have a whole list of issues which are nice (or needed) to resolve.
fact is this is real life that not all can or will be fixed in time.

to bad. move on. perhaps next release.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-05-05, 13:02)Martijn Wrote: to bad. move on. perhaps next release.

Thats why i build a xbmc 13 version with the workaround for all users that are affected.
Thanks for the patched build, helped me out after the upgrade.

I'd imagine they'll be a fairly substantial userbase affected, the mobility radeons made their way into a heap of laptops. Older ones like mine were perfect for a HTPC box.

Thanks again for the build to get us going.
Thanks again for the build. It'll work great until I upgrade my GPU.

If I upgrade my GPU to one that is not problematic (i.e. not an HD38xx), should I reinstall the standard build of XBMC or continue using this build? Just curious if there's any advantage/disadvantage.
Current Rig:
Transparency! 6.0.6
8GB DDR3
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DXVA problems in XBMC 13 Gotham with Radeon HD3xxx HD2xxx2