• 6(current)
DXVA problems in XBMC 13 Gotham with Radeon HD3xxx HD2xxx
Sorry for the misunderstanding Smile

Many thanks to cg110 and afeschin for the builds.

They were very helpul !!

Smile
(2014-05-21, 14:09)nille02 Wrote: Check if you using dxva2 (play a h264@maxL4 file and press O (O not zero)) you should see the used decoder.

Yes.. dvxa2 is selected.
Nille02: Thanks for updated builds.

I have changed the thread title and first post so more people might find this.
I've added the 13.1 RC1 build.
The official release did not fix this issue yet??
WOW! Thanks for this.

Was pulling my hair out as to what was happening on a machine I was setting up as a secondary media center.

I hope this gets rolled into the core code, because it's a real instant show stopper for anyone using this hardware (like us!)
(2014-05-05, 13:02)Martijn Wrote: you need to live with it.
i have a whole list of issues which are nice (or needed) to resolve.
fact is this is real life that not all can or will be fixed in time.

to bad. move on. perhaps next release.

Wow what kind of response is that from a dev. A known regression being ignored for months with multiple releases with no addressing.
Now I am a programmer and understand not adding unmaintanable code, so if you guys do not want to fix it why not have a notice somewhere stating something like Gotham no longer supports AMD HD3xxx series video cards. To use XBMC you will need to use the legacy version Frodo.

I have had this problem for months but couldn;t find the issue until I started digging through the log files. This is way too much to ask for an average user (believe me I also do tech support, this would be way over their heads)
so I bet there are more people than you realize using this older hardware find it doesnt work and then use some other application instead.

(2014-05-26, 11:11)nille02 Wrote: I've added the 13.1 RC1 build.

Nille, thanks for your work, however I have tried installing multiple versions of your builds and still have the same problem. The error in the log is
00:19:27 T:192 ERROR: DXVA - failed executing m_service->CreateVideoProcessor(m_device, &m_desc, rtFormat, 0, &m_process) at line 1339 with error 8007000e
00:19:27 T:192 NOTICE: D3D: unable to open DXVA processor

I have HD3400

Edit Disregard that, working now. I restarted computer then it worked. Guessing the "old" version was stuck in memory or something when I did the install overtop. Thanks a ton for putting together the effort the official devs wont
I have a DELL Studio 17 laptop with a Mobility Radeon HD3650 and was experiencing two kinds of issues:
1. On some files, the audio would play with no picture. I had to stop the playback and start it again for it to play normally.
2. On some other files, the XBMC process would crash as soon as playback was attempted.

I have been messing around with drivers and OS reinstalls until I found this thread. I installed the the RC1 build here and all is good!!!

Thanks again for this.
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
I've added the 13.1 Final build.

See in my Signature for the Downloads
I've added the 13.2 Beta 1 build.

The 13.1 Final Build has over 300 Downloads ...
(2014-07-15, 13:44)nille02 Wrote: I've added the 13.2 Beta 1 build.

The 13.1 Final Build has over 300 Downloads ...

Thanks I am going to see if this helps my issue at all with video quality on my HD 7250
No you don't see this issue, cause you are running Linux! and no DXVA is any way related to your issue. Stop spamming now the second thread with your unrelated posts. This is the last warning.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hello everyone. This seems to be the solution to my problems.

What happens is when I play a video on XBMC, sometimes it plays fine. But other times, it causes a crash with a bsod in Windows 7. And this happens only with the latest version of XBMC. The previous one was working fine.

I will try a reinstall of the provided update and see if that helps.
I've added 13.2 Beta 2 and Beta 3 builds.
The same Bug affects still Kodi 14!

I've added a 14a2 Build
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DXVA problems in XBMC 13 Gotham with Radeon HD3xxx HD2xxx2