• 7(current)
DXVA problems in XBMC 13 Gotham with Radeon HD3xxx HD2xxx
Wink 
Thanks for everyones hard work. I have a radeon hd3450 and this solved my problem.
I've added the 13.2 Final Build

PS: The 13.1 Final has 370 Downloads.
Hello,
I can understand the hardware limitation but i don't understand why it was working for years for me ( it's the same graphic card for me) and now it's not working any more !
Because the XBMC Code was changed. i don't understand why code with a regression gets merged.
I've added the 14.0a3.

Since 14.0 there is also a other issue with b-pyramid=strict option. This option is part of the BD compatibility profile for h264. This also happen with newer card so i don't suggest to use kodi 14 at all.
(2014-08-28, 15:49)nille02 Wrote: Because the XBMC Code was changed. i don't understand why code with a regression gets merged.

Because the benefits of ffmpeg upgrade outweigh those kinds of regression. Actually it's not too hard to fix this issue, it just needs to be done.
Thank You nille02! I am using Windows7 x64 and ATI 3650. i have had issues with Gotham ever since updating, the first video played would always open minimized and when bringing to the foreground the video would be blank with only audio. Closing and reopening the video would sometimes resolve playback but it would often crash causing the need to open Task Manager and 'End Process" in order to close XBMC. I am now using your Gotham 13.2 build and all my previous issues seem to be solved. Also thanks to @cg110 @afedchin and others here at xbmc.org
(2014-09-06, 18:30)FernetMenta Wrote: Actually it's not too hard to fix this issue, it just needs to be done.

afedchin do this, but its always rejected. if i read the current comments on github i fear that kodi 14 gets a buggy dxva renderer too and there are new dxva bugs since 13 like the problem with b-pyramid=strict.

EDIT: The XBMC13 Builds has over 500 Downloads.
@nille02
could you please test my dxva branch? https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc/tree/dxva
with this, DXVA2 is working again with older hardware but the b-pyramid=strict (the much much worse problem, because this affects newer hardware too and its part of BD compatibility) persist.
thanks for feedback. it was not supposed to fix the b-pyramid issue, only the issue mentioned in the title
So, this Problem should be fixed now in the next Kodi Version. I want to say thanks to every involved person.
Martijn, the installer in your recent deleted thread is broken. He delete all files in the installation again if the folder is called XBMC
Use test version in portable mode.

If you wish, you may run XBMC in portable mode by adding the -p switch (in the Target field after the closing quotation mark) to the shortcut's properties used to launch XBMC. This will then use the XBMC folder itself as the Home folder, which means scripts, plugins, skins and userdata will be located in the 'portable_data' folder within the XBMC folder. This is useful for running XBMC for Windows off a USB stick for portability.
You'll have to put the XBMC folder in a place where standard users have write permission (e.g. not under Program Files) or run the shortcut as admin (even though you're logged in with an admin account). Otherwise you'll get the error message "ERROR: Unable to create application. Exiting."
You will, however, have to be careful when upgrading to make sure that the userdata folder you use is not overwritten.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=204694
new build

why would you install Kodi in an XBMC folder?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DXVA problems in XBMC 13 Gotham with Radeon HD3xxx HD2xxx2