• 8(current)
DXVA problems in XBMC 13 Gotham with Radeon HD3xxx HD2xxx
(2014-09-19, 08:15)Martijn Wrote: why would you install Kodi in an XBMC folder?

The Folder was called XBMC and it shouldn't matter how the folder is called. But now its sound like a childish prank like " Hoho its no longer xbmc! so i delete the installation ho ho"

EDIT: Each Folder that its in the HKCU/Software/XBMC is not usable for installation.
So this Bug is back in Kodi Sad
instead of posting this text in every place you can find you really should test the patch I mentioned. don't forget that master is a developemt branch. either contribute in a reasonable manner or stay silent. if you continue to bother me this way i I am going to break it interntionally for your hardware.
(2014-09-19, 17:10)nille02 Wrote: So this Bug is back in Kodi Sad

and i suggest you keep FernetMenta on the good side instead of ""complaining"" . If there's some one who can actually fix it, he is one of the few who would even bother for that old ATI stuff.

Try the builds and report the findings. Then wait till a new build is posted.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-09-19, 17:24)FernetMenta Wrote: instead of posting this text in every place you can find you really should test the patch I mentioned.

I did this and in the other thread and trac i already posted.

(2014-09-19, 17:24)FernetMenta Wrote: don't forget that master is a developemt branch. either contribute in a reasonable manner or stay silent.

I know that it is, but i have see in the xbmc 13 development thats important to report bugs or regressions early. The beta releases are possibly to late. btw is testing no way of contributing in your eyes?

(2014-09-19, 17:24)FernetMenta Wrote: if you continue to bother me this way i I am going to break it interntionally for your hardware.

its not my intention to brother you. and that i test the patches should show it. and i post the problem, because i if no one say a word thats something broken the bugs can't get fixed. Special that the most users only use final releases.
But ok 3 Posts because of this is a bit much Wink sorry for this.
Registered today to say thanks to Nille for the Gotham build with the fix for older Radeon cards. Saved me from buying another graphics card for my HTPC. Nice one!
Just dropped in to say that the Helix Alpha builds 3 & 4 do not give me the errors I was having before! Smile

Laptop: DELL Studio 17
Graphics: Radeon Mobility HD 3650

Thanks to lhadnif for making the alternate builds while the bug was present, it really saved me a lot of hassle.
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
Hi,

I´ve a Radeon HD5770 and just installed the latest build from nille02.
But DXVA is still not used in all cases.

I´ve been using gotham 13 beta 2 for a long time. DXVA never worked with this version.
Then I´ve installed 13.2 --> h.264 content was using DXVA, but mpeg2 and mpeg4 still uses ff-mpeg....

Just installed the special build from Nille02. Unfortunately I do not see any changes.
LiveTV content (satelite 720x576 is still encoded by ff-mpeg2video

How can I solve my issue?
Please let me know which further information you need to help me.

Thanks in advance.

--
-slaYer977-
Hi,

just noticed, that even there is different behaviour between h264 content.
got one h264-video where dxva is used.
and got one h264-vidoe where dxva is not used.
it´s reproducible.

Maybe it´s time to buy a new graphic card, but from nvidia this time...
we are short final for version 14. it is useless posting anything not working in 13.x. please try nightlies if you intend to support the project.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DXVA problems in XBMC 13 Gotham with Radeon HD3xxx HD2xxx2