• 13(current)
BOX
I didnt explain myself well. I can no navigate to the sides when I am in the Skin settings and customizing the Home. I see 5 Columns, but I can only edit the first one. it doesnt matter if I am in the top or in the bottom, it only moves up and down. and after that the Home crashed and is only background, and every time i try to install the skin the same happens again.
On the Home Customization Window each Menu has 6 sections.

1. Action for the Main Menu Icon ( if nothing is chosen "noop" ia displayed)
2. Enable/Disable button ( if you see a Checkmark icon the menu is displayed on the home screen)
3. The Main Menu Icon ( if nothing is chosen you see a cross icon)
4. The Main Menu Label ( if nothing is chosen "empty" is displayed)
5. The Menu Tiles (click on it to map a function to it, if nothing is selected a cross icon is displayed)
6. The Widget for the Main Menu ( click on it to choose the desired widget)

You can only move from one menu to another if you are in section 5.

Every setting is optional. The only element that manages the availability of a menu is section 2. So you could have a menu with no tiles at all.

If you dont see any menu, it means that all your menus are disabled. (Section 2)
Good and needed explanation. that was the problem, by default everything was disabled.
Great Im glad it worked out and that it wasnt a bug
Will you add this skin to the official (xbmc) repository?
Yes I will, next step is first of all the akin development repo. And after that and a function freeze it will go into the official repo
OK, so I'm not sure if this is a bug with the skin. Has anyone else exprienced this, is it an XBMC quirk? When playing music videos, when it switches from a 16:9 video to a different ratio (4:3 or 14:9), the edges of the 16:9 image remain at the edges until I either mouse over the screen or another 16:9 video plays. Any ideas?

(2014-07-26, 13:19)osilvab Wrote: Again i couldnt edit other column than #1, but the main problem now is that the home is gone, is only background. i can hear the sound when moving, but there is no where i can click, is just the clock and the background.

I had the same problem after reinstalling up from 2.0.0. I had quite literally nothing on the home screen but the clock, date and an inaccessible triangle to access the side menu. What I had to do was pull up the shutdown menu via the S key, which then allowed me to access the settings. It was a little disconcerting, but I quickly realized it was because I had no modules configured in the skin settings.

DJCisco,

A few things.

1. I love the skin. It suits my needs almost perfectly and runs well on XBMC on a Boxee Box (great set top hardware to run XBMC on, lemme tell ya).

2. Any chance we will see support for the Cinema Experience Addon?

3. Are there more widgets planned? I was thinking a widget listing favourites.

4. A favourites star icon for the top module menu.

5. The recent movies widget shows all the recent movies correctly, but lists them alphabetically rather than by descending date.
(2014-07-27, 21:32)zang Wrote:
(2014-07-26, 13:19)osilvab Wrote: Again i couldnt edit other column than #1, but the main problem now is that the home is gone, is only background. i can hear the sound when moving, but there is no where i can click, is just the clock and the background.

I had the same problem after reinstalling up from 2.0.0. I had quite literally nothing on the home screen but the clock, date and an inaccessible triangle to access the side menu. What I had to do was pull up the shutdown menu via the S key, which then allowed me to access the settings. It was a little disconcerting, but I quickly realized it was because I had no modules configured in the skin settings.

DJCisco,

A few things.

1. I love the skin. It suits my needs almost perfectly and runs well on XBMC on a Boxee Box (great set top hardware to run XBMC on, lemme tell ya).

2. Any chance we will see support for the Cinema Experience Addon?

3. Are there more widgets planned? I was thinking a widget listing favourites.

4. A favourites star icon for the top module menu.

5. The recent movies widget shows all the recent movies correctly, but lists them alphabetically rather than by descending date.

1. Im glad you like it
2.The skin already supports cinema experience, there is a cinema button on the Movie Info Window ( you have to enable under skin-> settings in order for the cinema button to appear)
3. Nope, no mpre widgets planned. The problem with favourites is that it can be anyhting so the layout of the widget will not always fit the content( e.g. poster for a favourite movie, cover for a favourite album etc...). I will see what I can do. But I make no promises on this one.
4. Ok I will add one
5. Yup. Found the error and fixed it. Wait for next update

(2014-07-27, 14:01)TeuchterLoon Wrote: OK, so I'm not sure if this is a bug with the skin. Has anyone else exprienced this, is it an XBMC quirk? When playing music videos, when it switches from a 16:9 video to a different ratio (4:3 or 14:9), the edges of the 16:9 image remain at the edges until I either mouse over the screen or another 16:9 video plays. Any ideas?

If I understand you right, the fanart is beeing shown behind the video. I will check it
Is there still no "quick link" / action button to update Movie/Music library ?
Or am I just not finding it ? Smile
(2014-07-28, 06:13)DjCisco Wrote: 2.The skin already supports cinema experience, there is a cinema button on the Movie Info Window ( you have to enable under skin-> settings in order for the cinema button to appear)

Thanks for the prompt response!

I'd seen that Info dialog option, but wasn't sure if that was added by the add-on itself or by you.

I should've explained a little further however. What made me think it wasn't supported is that when playing trailers, notifications show up on screen every time a new trailer is loaded as though it were just playing a playlist. It's a bit of a wet blanket on the whole "movie experience".

(2014-07-28, 06:13)DjCisco Wrote: 3. Nope, no mpre widgets planned. The problem with favourites is that it can be anyhting so the layout of the widget will not always fit the content( e.g. poster for a favourite movie, cover for a favourite album etc...). I will see what I can do. But I make no promises on this one.

Howabout favourites by category then? Most of mine are just links to youtube channels, etc., and I use square custom icons for them all anyhow.

Re: a "catch all" favourites (videos, albums, etc.);

Given that the layout of the tiles is divisible by two or one (two tiles wide for movie thumbs, two tiles tall for a movie poster, square for album cover, custom icon, etc.), it'd be interesting to see a dynamic layout that could arrange itself to accommodate all.

(2014-07-28, 06:13)DjCisco Wrote: 4. Ok I will add one
5. Yup. Found the error and fixed it. Wait for next update

Awesome, thanks! Smile
It's not the fanart, it's the previous video. If video 1 is 16x9 and video 2 is 14x9, the edges of the final frame of video 1 remains onscreen until I either move the mouse over the screen or another 16x9 video plays.
(2014-07-28, 09:53)Trickass Wrote: Is there still no "quick link" / action button to update Movie/Music library ?

The Update Library Button can be found on the "view Oprtions" Menu on the left of each View

(2014-07-28, 20:23)TeuchterLoon Wrote: It's not the fanart, it's the previous video. If video 1 is 16x9 and video 2 is 14x9, the edges of the final frame of video 1 remains onscreen until I either move the mouse over the screen or another 16x9 video plays.

Ok, so thats probably an xbmc issue, not skin related
(2014-07-28, 20:45)DjCisco Wrote:
(2014-07-28, 09:53)Trickass Wrote: Is there still no "quick link" / action button to update Movie/Music library ?

The Update Library Button can be found on the "view Oprtions" Menu on the left of each View

Ah okay Smile
I was used to having it available somewhere on the homescreen (in the left hidden bar for example).
I'll figure something out then Smile

Also, I tried setting the "Movies" widget (right part of the home screen) to a custom smart playlist, but the widget shows all movies in stead of only the ones in the playlist.
But again, I might be doing something wrong Smile

Thanks for the hard work.
There is no widget that displays all movies, so if you see all movies it means that your playlist is definetly beeing read. Maybe you didnt setup your playlist correctly. Check that your playlist is working properly by opening in the playlist section.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BOX17