• 16(current)
BOX
Previously the Tv Shiw Widgets were presenting epidoses. Now you actually have tv show widgets. All previous tv show widgets are now episode widgets and recommended is now called In Progress.
Some requests:

- Ability to place a favorite directly on one of the titles of the homescreen. I.e. trailer video add on.
- Show file name in: info windows, subtitle download window
- More icons/movies on the wall layout
- Genre in wall layout

Ill try to keep you busy Tongue
(2014-08-15, 09:51)lowfi Wrote: Some requests:

- Ability to place a favorite directly on one of the titles of the homescreen. I.e. trailer video add on.
- Show file name in: info windows, subtitle download window
- More icons/movies on the wall layout
- Genre in wall layout

Ill try to keep you busy Tongue

Favorites and addons can already be placed on the homescreen.

Yup file name is definitely useful for subtitle download, i will add it. on the info screen, i will think about it.

Genres is already a wall layout

More icons/movies . what do you mean?
1) How? I only see how you can add video add ons in general. Not specific plugin/script.
2) Great
3-4) See the screenshot below. Where is the genre? And it would be nice if you could an option to add a third or even a fourth row for example.

(2014-08-17, 13:28)lowfi Wrote: 1) How? I only see how you can add video add ons in general. Not specific plugin/script.
2) Great
3-4) See the screenshot below. Where is the genre? And it would be nice if you could an option to add a third or even a fourth row for example.

1) after you select the tile that you wish to customize, you must then select the CUSTOM tile ( it has a swiss army knife icon). When you select it. You get a new window with the option to make the tile a custom addon, a custom playlist or a favourite.

3)I though you ment that the list of genres ( the genres window) should be in a wall type layout. Now know what you mean. I will se how it looks. So maybe yes maybe no.

4) more rows. Sorry but no. It just doesnt go with the general layout of the rest of the skin.
I was just wondering. Nbox used to be optimized for Raspberry Pi. Is this also a goal for Box13?

So far I have not have any issues in my Pi, accept for some loading at start-up or expected lag from to much downloading activity. So no problem here, but just a question.
(2014-08-18, 10:11)cjvanzwol Wrote: I was just wondering. Nbox used to be optimized for Raspberry Pi. Is this also a goal for Box13?

So far I have not have any issues in my Pi, accept for some loading at start-up or expected lag from to much downloading activity. So no problem here, but just a question.

Well no, pi optimization is not the goal of the skin. I have however not added any complexity to the skin besides the home menu customization. I also do not plan to. So it should keep running pretty decently under the raspberry pi platform
(2014-08-15, 09:07)DjCisco Wrote: Previously the Tv Shiw Widgets were presenting epidoses. Now you actually have tv show widgets. All previous tv show widgets are now episode widgets and recommended is now called In Progress.

There seems to be something wrong with the new Recommended for TV shows or Episodes - In Progress.

On the new Box skin from the Dev repo I only get 5 shows that show up and all episodes I've already watched and it never gets updated. If I switch to the old Box13 skin the recommended widget works as it's supposed to. Any ideas?
(2014-08-21, 21:21)jer78 Wrote:
(2014-08-15, 09:07)DjCisco Wrote: Previously the Tv Shiw Widgets were presenting epidoses. Now you actually have tv show widgets. All previous tv show widgets are now episode widgets and recommended is now called In Progress.

There seems to be something wrong with the new Recommended for TV shows or Episodes - In Progress.

On the new Box skin from the Dev repo I only get 5 shows that show up and all episodes I've already watched and it never gets updated. If I switch to the old Box13 skin the recommended widget works as it's supposed to. Any ideas?

Oh I just noticed my previous statement was wrong. Recommended is not In Progress, its Unwatched.

In Progress Widgets display elements whose status is "In Progress" in the xbmc library.

Unwatched displays the first unwatched episode of a tv show.( this was previpusly recommended)
So its normal that In Progress displays only 5 elements. It could also display none at all if you have nothing with the In Progress tag in the library.

Regarding auto updating. I will take a look.
Great skin. I've been trying to replace the default background in the walls folder inside the textures.xbt because it has alot of gradient banding on my tv but haven't had any luck. After replacing them with my own using the same file names it still shows the original. I've gone through some of the .xmls and still not certain where the background image is coming from. Any help would be great. Or maybe on the next release have an option in the settings to choose your background with out having to extract/package the texture.xbt file.

Thanks
Joey
Yes. Since the imagesvare inside textures.xbt they will always be used. Even of you add another image outside the textures file.

Gradient banding? Is that thst the imahe displays the color gradient as visible color lines? If so I could improve the background images I will make some tests.

Regarding custom backgrounds. I will see what could be possible.
Yes that's what its doing. Its looks fine on my laptop but on my tv with my Intel Nuc it doesn't look as good as it should. But like I said I have tried replacing the images with my own and repacking the texture.xbt file and it still displays the original. Could you explain a little bit what exact image is being called for. Is it dependant on what color theme being used? For instance I changed the teal background to my own, and kept the original file name. Repackaged textures.xbt And selected the teal theme in xbmc and still no go.

Thanks,
Joey
The images on the wall folder are not used for the skin background. They are only used for the music visualization background.

The skin color background is determined using 3 textures
1. Button.png ( the theme color)
2. Tile.png ( darkens image 1)
3. Music_fanart_diffuse.png ( an overlay with a transparent to black gradient( this one is probably causing the effect you see)

You can check the skinBackground include which is located under includes.xml
Thanks for your had work on this theme.

Speaking of Pi optimisation, just warning on the icons you add in the theme. It makes the theme zip file to take forever to extract on the Pi. I had to extract it on my desktop machine and copy the files through SCP.
Hi DjCisco, I've been comparing your screenshots on page 1 with my own set-up and I'm wondering how you get artist fanart/backdrops to show in menus? I have enabled Universal scraper as well as AudioDB scraper and have enabled the slideshow thingy. I can get images to show when playing music, but not on the home-screen or on any other view such as album list... Is there something hidden deep in your menus that I need to enable?

I was hoping the scrapers would do the work for me, but they don't seem to be. Do you have dedicated fanart for each artist on your harddrive? It's something I would prefer not to have to do as I have hundreds of albums with many hundreds of artists...

watch gallery
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BOX17